Re: letter to the kerry campaign

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
      He's gotten on every single political show on national TV to bash
      Kerry (for "flip-flopping") and tell people that there are many
      Democrats in Georgia who will vote for Bush again.

      So he will give a primetime speech at the RNC later and do more
      campaigning for Bush.

      Ram
    • tonymaloley
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2004
        Nice letter. It reminded me of something I saw on "This Week With
        George Stephanopalous." At the end of the show, they play some
        comedy clips of the past week, relating to the news. They played one
        from the Daily Show, where Jon Stewart showed a clip (a clip in a
        clip!) of Bush saying something about Kerry authorizing force in
        Iraq, and trying to say he would flip-flop if that vote was today;
        Bush essentially using a weak argument to try to make Kerry look bad.

        STEWART: But this gives John Kerry an opportunity -- an easy
        opportunity to set himself apart, to make a clear, forceful,
        unambiguous statement: No, I would not have voted for the authority
        knowing there were no WMDs or just don't take the bait.
        (pause, speaking into the camera) Mr. Kerry, it's a softball. Hit it
        out of the park.

        KERRY (clip from a speech): I would have voted for the authority.

        STEWART: You're trying to lose!!!