Iraq and Bush's re-election

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2005
      From the Washington Post this morning:

      A top State Department official involved in Iraq
      policy, former ambassador Robin Raphel, said the
      administration was "not prepared" when it invaded
      Iraq, but did so anyway in part because of "clear
      political pressure, election driven and calendar
      driven," according to an oral history interview posted
      on the Web site of the congressionally funded U.S.
      Institute of Peace.

      This is the first time I have heard an administration
      official admit that the Iraq invasion about Bush's
      re-election. Why is this not an above-the-fold
      headline in every newspaper in the country? I suspect
      for the same reason that the Downing Street memos went
      unreported for a month, until the bloggers made it
      impossible to ignore any further. Am I paranoid or is
      there something very, very wrong here?

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/CvmplB/TM