Re: letter to the kerry campaign

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2004
      I think a more important letter to be sent is the one that goes to
      Zell Miller's office. He has done the worst thing that he could ever
      have done to his party and to his people.

      He fails to see that the whole world has always been moving towards
      a more tolerant and inclusive society, even before Galileo was
      persecuted. In his static worldview, anti-lynching and supporting
      interracial marriage are still very liberal ideas.

      I hope that old man and Ralph Nader will finally wake up before more
      damage is done.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2004
        Ram, I haven't been paying much attention to Miller though I have
        heard he's missing a few marbles. What in particular has he done?

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2004
          He's gotten on every single political show on national TV to bash
          Kerry (for "flip-flopping") and tell people that there are many
          Democrats in Georgia who will vote for Bush again.

          So he will give a primetime speech at the RNC later and do more
          campaigning for Bush.

          Ram
        • tonymaloley
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2004
            Nice letter. It reminded me of something I saw on "This Week With
            George Stephanopalous." At the end of the show, they play some
            comedy clips of the past week, relating to the news. They played one
            from the Daily Show, where Jon Stewart showed a clip (a clip in a
            clip!) of Bush saying something about Kerry authorizing force in
            Iraq, and trying to say he would flip-flop if that vote was today;
            Bush essentially using a weak argument to try to make Kerry look bad.

            STEWART: But this gives John Kerry an opportunity -- an easy
            opportunity to set himself apart, to make a clear, forceful,
            unambiguous statement: No, I would not have voted for the authority
            knowing there were no WMDs or just don't take the bait.
            (pause, speaking into the camera) Mr. Kerry, it's a softball. Hit it
            out of the park.

            KERRY (clip from a speech): I would have voted for the authority.

            STEWART: You're trying to lose!!!