Re: GOP Bennett’s remarks on blacks, crime stir outrage

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2005
      Are we supposed to be shocked/surprised? I wonder why Trent Lott is so
      popular in the South. I mean... haven't we gotten used to these kind
      of stuff after 40 years of racist legacy of the Republican Party long ago?

      I wonder why people are so mad when the Republicans start showing
      their true selves.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2005
        It didn't surprise me a bit. BTW, Bennet claims to
        have dated Janis Joplin when he was grad student at
        the University of Texas @ Austin in the sixties. Upon
        hearing this about 15 years ago, I gave up alcohol and
        all psychotropic agents in an effort to remain alert
        at all times. The world had suddenly become a far more
        unpredictable place than I had ever imagined.

        ---------------------------------
        Are we supposed to be shocked/surprised? I wonder why
        Trent Lott is so
        popular in the South. I mean... haven't we gotten used
        to these kind
        of stuff after 40 years of racist legacy of the
        Republican Party long ago?

        I wonder why people are so mad when the Republicans
        start showing
        their true selves.

        Terms of Service.