Re: SEC Upgrades Sen. Frist Stock Inquiry

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28 9:48 PM
      How do your neighbors react to his indictment? Probably lots of
      sympathy for him?

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@F...>

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050928/ap_on_go_co/frist_stock;_ylt=AuNfWBVN6Y3EpVHKTfaFBGYGw_IE;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NGRzMjRtBHNlYwMxNjk5

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28 10:25 PM
        You'd think that people might be sympathetic, but I'm
        in Austin, which is one of the best educated cities in
        the country, and a progressive bastion in a sea of
        red. What Delay did here was gerrymander our city and
        as a result our excellent congressman Lloyd Dogget
        had to run in a new district, most of which is well
        out this county. The suburbs and some of the
        surrounding towns are Republican, but Austin itself
        is about as solidly Democratic as you get. Most of
        feel that Delay is the personification of what is
        wrong with politics. Incidentally, historian HW Brand
        lives here.

        ---------------------------------

        wrote:
> [...]
        > > (news, bio, voting record), on Monday said that to
        > > avoid a potential conflict he will take no part in
        > the
        > > agency's investigation. Cox was a member of the
        > > Republican leadership in Congress with Frist.
        > >
        > > Frist has hired two private attorneys who
        specialize
        > > in securities litigation and insider trading
        cases:
        > > William McLucas, a former SEC enforcement
        director,
        > > and Harry Weiss, a former SEC attorney who was a
        > > co-author of a text titled "Preventing Insider
        > > Trading." Their representation of Frist was
        > confirmed
        > > by their law firm, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale
        and
        > > Dorr.
        > >
        > > ___
        > >
        > > Associated Press writer Jonathan M. Katz in

        Yahoo!
        > Terms of Service.

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29 5:47 AM
          Although Tom Delay is from Houston, he was indicted in
          Travis County (Austin) because the state capitol is
          here. The prosecutor is Ronnie Earle, a Democrat, but
          hardly the "partisan fanatic" that Delay calls him. He
          has brought charges against 15 major Texas political
          figures during his career and 12 of them were
          Democrats.
          In 2004, Delay won re-election by only 52% from a
          weak,unknown, under-financed opponent. Ex- US Rep.
          Nick Lampson (D-TX) was one of 5 casualties of Delay's
          off year redistricting plan in 2003 and has since
          moved into Delay's district to challenge him in 2006.
          In my opinion, Delay may be the most ruthless figure
          in US politics right now and will not go quietly.

          ---------------------------------

          wrote:
> [...]
          > > (news, bio, voting record), on Monday said that to
          > > avoid a potential conflict he will take no part in
          > the
          > > agency's investigation. Cox was a member of the
          > > Republican leadership in Congress with Frist.
          > >
          > > Frist has hired two private attorneys who
          specialize
          > > in securities litigation and insider trading
          cases:
          > > William McLucas, a former SEC enforcement
          director,
          > > and Harry Weiss, a former SEC attorney who was a
          > > co-author of a text titled "Preventing Insider
          > > Trading." Their representation of Frist was
          > confirmed
          > > by their law firm, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale
          and
          > > Dorr.
          > >
          > > ___
          > >
          > > Associated Press writer Jonathan M. Katz in

          Yahoo!
          > Terms of Service.

          Terms of Service.