Re: Digest Number 359

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2005
      This may help:

      http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread146342/pg1

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Joel Bader
      <braniffjetliner2002@y...> wrote:
      > For that matter, while we're talking about presidents who are
      Masons, we should also ask the question of what has happened to
      Freemasonry in recent years. It seems to have a reputation as an
      organization and a practice which belong to a different time (such as
      the first part of the 20th century). For me, it seems that the only
      time I ever see Masonic organizations in my community are when they
      sell snack foods at local community organizations or when their
      Shriners organization make an appearance in the annual 4th of July
      parade. I get the impression that the members of the Masonic
      organizations do not make much of an effort to recruit younger
      members, but perhaps that just might be an observation on my part.

      > And just for fun, we might also want to ask which presidents have
      belonged to such community and service organizations as Rotary, Elks,
      Jaycees, Lions, Kiwanis and Optimists. How did their membership in
      those organizations influence their growth and character? (As a former
      member of the Jaycees and Lions, I couldn't resist asking the latter
      questions.