Re: SEC Upgrades Sen. Frist Stock Inquiry

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
      Both Houses are on fire. Jon Stewart must have a lot to say in these days.

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Greg Cannon <gregcannon1@y...>

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050928/ap_on_go_co/frist_stock;_ylt=AuNfWBVN6Y3EpVHKTfaFBGYGw_IE;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NGRzMjRtBHNlYwMxNjk5

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
        Not to mention treasonous acts under investigation in
        the White House.
        Delay was indicted in my county in TX.

        ---------------------------------

        wrote:

> [...]
        > his shares to avoid any appearance of a conflict of
        > interest.
        >
        > The new SEC chairman, former Rep. Christopher Cox
        > (news, bio, voting record), on Monday said that to
        > avoid a potential conflict he will take no part in
        the
        > agency's investigation. Cox was a member of the
        > Republican leadership in Congress with Frist.
        >
        > Frist has hired two private attorneys who specialize
        > in securities litigation and insider trading cases:
        > William McLucas, a former SEC enforcement director,
        > and Harry Weiss, a former SEC attorney who was a
        > co-author of a text titled "Preventing Insider
        > Trading." Their representation of Frist was
        confirmed
        > by their law firm, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and
        > Dorr.
        >
        > ___
        >
        > Associated Press writer Jonathan M. Katz in

        Terms of Service.

        ---------------------------------
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
          How do your neighbors react to his indictment? Probably lots of
          sympathy for him?

          Ram

          --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@F...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28, 2005
            You'd think that people might be sympathetic, but I'm
            in Austin, which is one of the best educated cities in
            the country, and a progressive bastion in a sea of
            red. What Delay did here was gerrymander our city and
            as a result our excellent congressman Lloyd Dogget
            had to run in a new district, most of which is well
            out this county. The suburbs and some of the
            surrounding towns are Republican, but Austin itself
            is about as solidly Democratic as you get. Most of
            feel that Delay is the personification of what is
            wrong with politics. Incidentally, historian HW Brand
            lives here.

            ---------------------------------

            wrote:
> [...]
            > > (news, bio, voting record), on Monday said that to
            > > avoid a potential conflict he will take no part in
            > the
            > > agency's investigation. Cox was a member of the
            > > Republican leadership in Congress with Frist.
            > >
            > > Frist has hired two private attorneys who
            specialize
            > > in securities litigation and insider trading
            cases:
            > > William McLucas, a former SEC enforcement
            director,
            > > and Harry Weiss, a former SEC attorney who was a
            > > co-author of a text titled "Preventing Insider
            > > Trading." Their representation of Frist was
            > confirmed
            > > by their law firm, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale
            and
            > > Dorr.
            > >
            > > ___
            > >
            > > Associated Press writer Jonathan M. Katz in

            Yahoo!
            > Terms of Service.

            Terms of Service.

            ---------------------------------
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
              Although Tom Delay is from Houston, he was indicted in
              Travis County (Austin) because the state capitol is
              here. The prosecutor is Ronnie Earle, a Democrat, but
              hardly the "partisan fanatic" that Delay calls him. He
              has brought charges against 15 major Texas political
              figures during his career and 12 of them were
              Democrats.
              In 2004, Delay won re-election by only 52% from a
              weak,unknown, under-financed opponent. Ex- US Rep.
              Nick Lampson (D-TX) was one of 5 casualties of Delay's
              off year redistricting plan in 2003 and has since
              moved into Delay's district to challenge him in 2006.
              In my opinion, Delay may be the most ruthless figure
              in US politics right now and will not go quietly.

              ---------------------------------

              wrote:
> [...]
              > > (news, bio, voting record), on Monday said that to
              > > avoid a potential conflict he will take no part in
              > the
              > > agency's investigation. Cox was a member of the
              > > Republican leadership in Congress with Frist.
              > >
              > > Frist has hired two private attorneys who
              specialize
              > > in securities litigation and insider trading
              cases:
              > > William McLucas, a former SEC enforcement
              director,
              > > and Harry Weiss, a former SEC attorney who was a
              > > co-author of a text titled "Preventing Insider
              > > Trading." Their representation of Frist was
              > confirmed
              > > by their law firm, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale
              and
              > > Dorr.
              > >
              > > ___
              > >
              > > Associated Press writer Jonathan M. Katz in

              Yahoo!
              > Terms of Service.

              Terms of Service.