Re: Senate predictions

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
      I think it was just a guess. What do you think anyway, Greg?

      And other folks please stop lurking and post a couple of messages,
      please!

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
        I can't really say. I haven't been paying much attention to senate
        races this year. There's not one in my state so I guess they seem less
        interesting. There do seem to be several interesting candidates, like
        Barack Obama and Peter Coors.

        I do occasionaly give some thought to the senate and governor races in
        2006 in Texas (my state). Other than the incumbent governor,
        Republican Rick Perry, the only declared candidate is Kinky Friedman
        (http://www.kinkyfriedman.com). Unless the Democrats or Greens come up
        with someone really spectaculor I'll vote for Kinky because I like his
        music. Silly of me, but I still may do it. As far as I know there's
        also no declared candidates for Senate (I suppose Kay Bailey Hutchison
        will run again, she hasn't said anything about it that I know of). But
        a couple days ago a friend forwarded me this website
        http://texansforchangeinleadership.blogspot.com/ which doesn't have
        much on it but appears to be someone's campaign website that has yet
        to be constructed. So I'll be checking back there sometimes to see.

        But of course what the Texas Democratis really need to do is retake
        the state legislature. The legislature has much more power than the
        governor. Then they could undo the gerrymandering that was recently
        rammed through in Austin to give the Texas Republicans more seats in
        Washington (and undoubtedly the Texas Democrats would do similar
        gerrymandering in their favor, and I'm certainly opposed to any
        gerrmandering).