Rehnquist has died

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
      http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-09-04T031945Z_01_FOR411912_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-COURT-REHNQUIIST-DC.XML

      Chief Justice Rehnquist dead - CNN
      Sat Sep 3, 2005 11:19 PM ET12

      WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court Chief
      Justice William Rehnquist died on Saturday at his home
      in Virginia, CNN reported.

      Rehnquist was 80 years old and had been suffering from cancer.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
        Nuclear Option never felt so ominous.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005
          In a frustrated moment Fri. night, I asked where the
          prominent Democratic senators had been all week. The
          New York Times answered my question this morning:

          The silence of many prominent Democrats reflects their
          conclusion that the president is on treacherous
          political ground and that attacking him would permit
          the White House to dismiss the criticism as partisan
          politics-as-usual, a senior Democratic aide said.

          ---------------------------------
          Nuclear Option never felt so ominous.

          President bush
          Supreme court justices
          President
          Supreme court

          Terms of Service.

          ---------------------------------
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005
            I highly recommend both the Frank Rich and
            (conservative) David Brooks columns in the NYT this
            morning
            Frank Rich....
            http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/opinion/04rich.html?th&emc=th
            David Brooks
            ...http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/opinion/04brooks.html?th&emc=th

            Our current inhabitant's day of reckoning may have
            arrived.