Re: Hubert Humphrey's impact on 2 presidencies

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2005
      And, of course, I'm predictably a Humphrey fan. I happen to have taped
      that program:

      http://www.c-spanstore.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_video_info&products_id=188129-1

      I first learned much about HHH and the very early days of the Civil
      Rights era after reading "The Walls of Jericho: Lyndon Johnson, Hubert
      Humphrey, Richard Russell, and the Struggle for Civil Rights" written
      by Robert Mann:

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0156005018/103-9560337-2998234?v=glance

      In my opinion, HHH is one of the most influential Senators in history.
      The DFLers have given the nation a good number of great statesmen, and
      Al Franken may be the next.

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS JOHNSON <AVRCRDNG@F...>