626Re: Books That Have Changed My Life

    Mar 11, 2005
      > my high school freshman English class), and Zhuangzi (am I correct
      > in thinking that Zhuangzi is the same person as Chuang-Tzu? I read
      > a book by him long ago, which included the famous story about
      > the man dreaming he was a butterfly). And I'm reading the Bible

      Yeah, both names refer to the same person. The butterfly story is one
      of my favorites. I went to a Christian school for 12 years, so I had
      to study the Bible quite a bit.

      > Are you from Hong Kong, Ram? What do you think about the recent
      > resignation of the Chief Executive Tung Chee-hwa?

      Yes, Greg. I was born and raised in Hong Kong. The resignation is a
      very bad sign. Big Brother obviously wants to take care of that tiny

      > policies to fight poverty and ignorance." makes me think you're
      > considering going into politcs yourself. I think you'd do a good

      If possible, I would love to work for President Obama someday.

      > If I was to make a list of books like that I guess I'd include Henry
      > David Thoreau, Jack Kerouac, Stephen King, P.G. Wodehouse, and Terry
      > Pratchett. I have a bad habit of reading many books at once. I keep

      Very fine choices. I wanted to write about Tom Paine's The Age of
      Reason in the paper, but I decided not to because the book is probably
      too anti-Christ. I also wanted to mention Eleanor Roosevelt's last book.

      > The Haymarket Affair by Henry David, A History Of The Middle East by
      > Peter Mansfield, the 9/11 Report from the Commission, Theodore Rex

      I want to read all of them, but probably won't have time until next
      year. Did the federal government get involved in the Haymarket Affair
      at all?

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic