56Re: letter to me from senator hutchison & my response

    Jul 10, 2004
      You're very right. I only framed it as a states' rights issue in my
      letter because I thought that might appeal to Senator Hutchison more
      than the other rhetoric I've used in letters about it to her.
      I remember hen I wrote in a letter to my other senator, John Cornyn
      (one of the biggest proponents of the amendments), that he should keep
      in mind not all of his constituents are bigots, he stopped answering
      my letters for a long time.