2613Ron Paul keeps white supremacist donation

    Dec 19, 2007
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/ap_po/ron_paul_white_supremacist;_ylt=Aj8kQCw.fM9D2AVrttiwreSs0NUE

      Paul keeps white supremacist donation

      By BRIAN SKOLOFF, Associated Press Writer Wed Dec 19,
      4:27 PM ET

      WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Republican presidential
      hopeful Ron Paul has received a $500 campaign donation
      from a white supremacist, and the Texas congressman
      doesn't plan to return it, an aide said Wednesday.

      Don Black, of West Palm Beach, recently made the
      donation, according to campaign filings. He runs a Web
      site called Stormfront with the motto, "White Pride
      World Wide." The site welcomes postings to the
      "Stormfront White Nationalist Community."

      "Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity and
      inalienable rights. If someone with small ideologies
      happens to contribute money to Ron, thinking he can
      influence Ron in any way, he's wasted his money," Paul
      spokesman Jesse Benton said. "Ron is going to take the
      money and try to spread the message of freedom."

      "And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever
      it is that he does," Benton added.

      Black said he supports Paul's stance on ending the war
      in Iraq, securing U.S. borders and his opposition to
      amnesty for illegal immigrants.

      "We know that he's not a white nationalist. He says he
      isn't and we believe him, but on the issues, there's
      only one choice," Black said Wednesday.

      "We like his stand on tight borders and opposition to
      a police state," Black told The Palm Beach Post
      earlier.

      On his Web site, Black says he has been involved in
      "the White patriot movement for 30 years."