2181Re: Wash. initiative would require married couples to have kids

  • Gregory
    Feb 7, 2007
      I think one could go down the list of the reasons why supposedly gay
      people should not be allowed to marry and make a fine set of
      requirements for straight couples.. All marriages must be monogamous
      and any sign of being unfaithful or promiscuous would nullify the

      All marriages must be loving, caring, and supportive (that alone
      would kill a good number of licenses—this idea by the way shows up in
      many "domestic partner agreements" used by large companies today—I
      know of any number of really loveless relationships but yet they
      still get the tax benefits and all the rest).

      All marriages must be only between people of one race as mixing the
      races are unnatural. No mixing of religions either, lest we invoke
      the wrath of the Gods.

      Anyone who isn't "pure" on his or her wedding day can't get married.
      Abstinence is the only righteous thing, as we all know.

      Here, in WI, we heard over an over again that gay marriage would cost
      the society too much since we would then have to extend benefits to
      the partners. Perhaps then it should only be gay people who get
      married because insuring two people who have NO chance of reproducing
      is certainly cheaper than insuring some of these families who are
      popping out kids every other year for a decade or so.

      We also heard about how many diseases gay people carry (that idiot
      Ronald Regan who made HIV/AIDS a gay disease in the 80's so as not to
      have to deal with it truthfully)—so I guess anyone who has ever had
      any sort of venereal disease—especially those with genital herpes who
      need the Valtrex being advertised on TV—or even mononucleosis "the
      kissing disease" for that matter, should never be allowed to marry.

      Choosing one arbitrary characteristic to make the policy on is what
      is most ridiculous, and what makes it so difficult to combat and
      change. The idea of heterosexual privilege is a powerful reason to
      keep the status quo.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic