2026Re: Happy Election Day

  • Gregory
    Nov 7, 2006
      Randal,

      We are still friends. Friends trump politics every time. Have a
      nice day.

      Greogry

      -- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Randal Brown <as_is_35@...>
      wrote:

      > I would like to correct that comment. I was in the process of
      saying something else when I wrote that and got interrupted. What I
      meant to write was "the Democrats want control of Congress to do away
      with the Bush agenda on the war on Iraq." I do apologize for that
      comment.

      > But Gregory I must say as someone who has served in the military,
      that war is hell. I know that is a harsh statement, but its the
      truth. Iraq is the center of the terrorists hub in the Middle East.
      I don't know how many times that has to be proven before people get
      that. Just stop to think about this. If we hadn't invaded Iraq, it
      would still be ruled by a hearltess, cruel dictator. It would not be
      on its way to being a "free country." And I would personally wager
      that if Saddam hadn't been captured, there WOULD have been more
      attacks on America. I don't care what anyone says, Iraq did/does
      have WMD'S. Its just a matter of finding them.

      > Gregory I hope this doesn't intefere with the cordial friendship
      we've had over the years. I did mess up what I said earlier and I
      truly do regret that comment. And to everyone else I do not say these
      things to upset anyone, but I believe in my ideas just as much as you
      do.

> [...]
      > >
      > > I know that here in the USA we have the inherit right to vote how
      > we want. But I personally am tired of only ever really hearing half
      > the story. I don't pay attention to national polls, I think they
      are
      > just propaganda. If we had listened to the "exit polls" in 2000 and
      > 2004 then Al Gore and/or John Kerry would have been elected
      > President.
      > >
      > > If Democrats gain control of Congress, then that will mean that
      > Nancy Polowski (D) California will become the Speaker of the House.
      > Third in line for the Presidency. I cannot express my true concern
      > about this. It has nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman.
      > It has to do that this woman is just absolutely horrible.
      > >
      > > Ms. Polowski has voted for EVERY tax hike that has come before
      > the Congress. She voted AGAINST the Bush tax cuts. She voted
      > AGAINST the development of the Homeland Security Department. She
      > voted AGAINST the NSA wire taps. I know that is hot issue, but the
      > way I look at it is, if you don't have anything to hide, then what
      is
      > the harm.
      > >
      > > The Democrats want control of Congress because they don't believe
      > in protecting America or Americans. And their record shows that.
      > >
      > > However, not all Democrats are bad. I'm not completely knocking
      > the Democratic party. I know there are honest, caring Democratic
      > leaders. There are just a few like Nancy Polowski, Hillary Clinton
      > and Ted Kennedy to name a few that are just plain dangerous.
      > >
      > > I have to admit if I lived in Connecticut I would vote for Joseph
      > Lieberman. He has supported President Bush on the Iraq war. And
      > that completely means everything to me. Senator Lieberman's views
      > have gotten him ousted by his Democratic friends, simply because he
      > had the nerve to stand up and take a stand that wasn't popular. And
      > that in itself is just sad. It almost seems that we don't vote for
      > who will do the better job, but rather its a popularity contest. I
      > can't help but think that our forefathers would be rolling over in
      > their graves.
      > >
      > > Again I don't normally like to make messages like this, I don't
      > expect you to take my word for it. Do your own homework and check
      > the issues for yourself. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs
      > and views. That is what makes America the greatest nation on earth.
      > We can vote our views without fear of being killed because you
      dared
      > vote against the "popular" thing.
      > >
      > > I hope you will go vote. Irregardless of how you vote. (Although
      > I hope it is Republican, sorry couldn't resist). lol
      > >
      > > Thanks for your time.
      > >
      > > Randal

      > > Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited.

      > Sponsored Link
      >
      > Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo -
      Calculate new house payment

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic