1137Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: Remember the Maine

    Oct 5, 2005
      Sad and tragic are appropriate adjectives. Even if we
      had Watergate era-caliber reporters these days, I
      doubt we have the Ben Bradlees and ,most importantly,
      the Katharine Grahams around anymore, who withstood
      tremendous pressure to see the story through. That may
      have been the high water mark of US journalism, and,
      in my opinion, are American heroes of the highest
      order.

      ---------------------------------
      Nobody wants to lose his/her job. Nobody dares to
      speak out. Sad eh?
      We'll see how the wealthy liberals pull this media war
      off. So far
      it's been nothingness on the left. Jon Stewart and Air
      America Radio
      and DailyKos are all promising. It's tough because
      many people are all
      brainwashed by the Rush and Savage et al. since long
      ago. Tragic, but
      that's where we are right now.

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, THOMAS JOHNSON
      <AVRCRDNG@F...>
      wrote:
      > I watched a pretty good symposium of NYT opinion
      > writers last weekend on Cspan2, and there was one
      > moment in particular that was especially poignant
      > when a mild-mannered gentleman asked how the best
      > journalists in the world had failed to question Bush

      Terms of Service.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic