111Re: Senate predictions

    Aug 4, 2004
      I can't really say. I haven't been paying much attention to senate
      races this year. There's not one in my state so I guess they seem less
      interesting. There do seem to be several interesting candidates, like
      Barack Obama and Peter Coors.

      I do occasionaly give some thought to the senate and governor races in
      2006 in Texas (my state). Other than the incumbent governor,
      Republican Rick Perry, the only declared candidate is Kinky Friedman
      (http://www.kinkyfriedman.com). Unless the Democrats or Greens come up
      with someone really spectaculor I'll vote for Kinky because I like his
      music. Silly of me, but I still may do it. As far as I know there's
      also no declared candidates for Senate (I suppose Kay Bailey Hutchison
      will run again, she hasn't said anything about it that I know of). But
      a couple days ago a friend forwarded me this website
      http://texansforchangeinleadership.blogspot.com/ which doesn't have
      much on it but appears to be someone's campaign website that has yet
      to be constructed. So I'll be checking back there sometimes to see.

      But of course what the Texas Democratis really need to do is retake
      the state legislature. The legislature has much more power than the
      governor. Then they could undo the gerrymandering that was recently
      rammed through in Austin to give the Texas Republicans more seats in
      Washington (and undoubtedly the Texas Democrats would do similar
      gerrymandering in their favor, and I'm certainly opposed to any
      gerrmandering).