Christmas Season LONELINESS- a radio message series by David Jeremiah

  • Lee and Cindy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2011

      Today’s Radio Broadcast

      God's Heavenly Cure for Loneliness | November 28, 2011

      Today's Radio Broadcast

      Have you ever felt abandoned, rejected, isolated? The psalmist David experienced all these emotions and vividly expressed them in the Book of Psalms. His prayers are filled with heartfelt cries of loneliness and depression that some of us have experienced. Dr. David Jeremiah shares how the Book of Psalms teaches that it’s all right to tell God how you feel, because it is He who created you and redeemed you, and He wants to be your best friend.

      Listen now to today's broadcast

      Purchase Audio CDs

      Purchase this message

      The Lonely Single
      (Broadcast on 11/26/2011)

      Purchase this message

      The Powerful Promise of Thanksgiving
      (Broadcast on 11/25/2011)

      Monthly Resource

      Overcoming the Disease of Our Time!

      Overcoming Loneliness

      ABOUT THE CURRENT RADIO SERIES

      Loneliness is rampant in today’s culture. Even though we are surrounded by more people than ever before and connected with hundreds to millions through the Internet, the sting of loneliness seems to be more prevalent. We still experience the anxiety of being emotionally disconnected from people, especially in moments of grief and discouragement.

      But there is hope! God has a cure for the lonely. In our walk with Him, He offers friendship, a family, and a peace that passes all understanding. When we meet Him, we are not guaranteed we will never feel lonely, but we are promised that we will never be alone.

      This month on Turning Point Radio, Dr. Jeremiah will explore eight categories of lonely people including lonely servants, sufferers, and spouses, as well as God’s human and heavenly cure for the spiritual ailment. Dr. Jeremiah will examine several passages of Scripture that will help us to understand loneliness, learn how to deal with it, and develop a faith that endures even in the lonely times. Tune in this month, and share the message with your friends!

      Praise Report

      Praise Report

      Has Turning Point been inspirational in your life? Has God used Dr. Jeremiah’s teaching in your life or the life of a friend? Whatever the reason, we’d love to hear from you!

      Yes, I have a praise!
      Expand Schedule

      Upcoming Radio Schedule

      click the arrow to expand the schedule
      One Place

      OnePlace.com

      Partner in ministry

      Becoming a Christian

      God Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life!

      Overcoming Loneliness

      From Dr. David Jeremiah

      Dr. Jeremiah’s Overcoming Loneliness will help you understand God’s cure and overcome your isolated moments.

      He provides biblical teaching and encouragement for those experiencing the pain of isolation in marriage, in missionary service, suffering, old age, singleness and more.

      Request Overcoming Loneliness today!

      Overcoming Loneliness - Learn MoreRequest Now!Overcoming Loneliness

      The Account

      The Account is Turning Point’s exciting new television mini-series! Set in the 1960s, Wyndham Ridgestone, an advertising agency, is hired by a mysterious client to create 10 ad campaigns that will make their culture question morality and Christian principles. The weekly episodes can also be seen online along with back stories for each character and the campaign posters the team designs.

      Learn More - The Account

      Related Pages:  http://www.davidjeremiah.org/site/radio.aspx

      ===============

      http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+142&version=NIV

      Psalm 142

      New International Version (NIV)

      Psalm 142

      Psalm 142[a]
          A maskil[b] of David. When he was in the cave. A prayer.

       1 I cry aloud to the LORD;
         I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy.
      2 I pour out before him my complaint;
         before him I tell my trouble.

       3 When my spirit grows faint within me,
         it is you who watch over my way.
      In the path where I walk
         people have hidden a snare for me.
      4 Look and see, there is no one at my right hand;
         no one is concerned for me.
      I have no refuge;
         no one cares for my life.

       5 I cry to you, LORD;
         I say, “You are my refuge,
         my portion in the land of the living.”

       6 Listen to my cry,
         for I am in desperate need;
      rescue me from those who pursue me,
         for they are too strong for me.
      7 Set me free from my prison,
         that I may praise your name.
      Then the righteous will gather about me
         because of your goodness to me.

      Footnotes:
      1. Psalm 142:1 In Hebrew texts 142:1-7 is numbered 142:2-8.
      2. Psalm 142:1 Title: Probably a literary or musical term

      ===

      David Jeremiah was on the radio launching a series "Overcoming Loneliness" - pointing out that the reason for the message is the whole Thanksgiving through Christmas season. That for various reasons, it

      is the most lonely time of year for so many people. --"Cheyenne Cin" - P.S. Although today's message was only one part of the segment, he read this chapter - Ps. 142 out loud, then went through individual verses, repeating them.

      The gist was that David was very lonely at this point, had overpowering enemies and nobody to talk with, but prayed fervently. It's necessary to cry out your burdens, pain, to God, and in times of intense loneliness, allow prayer to happen! God knows anyway, and is there for you to wail and lament to and with. It was also pointed out that if you are blessed with another person to be able to say the same things you are praying about, do so. It helps if you have a goal at the end, something 'out there', even if future hope. Hopefully, for those who are lonely this Christmas (Thanksgiving, New Year's day, etc.) it will not be every season - some are in that position, too. Lonely widows whose husbands are now gone, and being older, etc.. but for some, it might just be THIS Christmas season. Whatever it is, this series and this chapter of Psalms pertains, and perhaps will give something back to the lonely person. I believe we should be praying annually this time of year for those who are lonely, and when there are ways to reach out, do so. We are indeed blessed if we are happy, rejoicing, enjoying all of the sights and sounds, have that 'extra' excitement, but it is that very aspect of it for us, which makes it all the more lonely for those not there!

          http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lvwH1BnfSuo/SVB4wtTywSI/AAAAAAAAAIo/DoZT3BsZEvc/s400/Light+-+AO.jpg     http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxair0V9xo1qzr04eo1_500.jpg

      http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ml59PlBGnC0/SRnysD2YYCI/AAAAAAAAJLY/_ieyuCPXoUY/s400/loneliness.bmp

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet