Losing Touch With My Prison

  • olschoolhead
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      The fraternity of privelege we belong to just by virtue of having
      access to this post is taken for granted and coveted at the same
      time. Is the scope of human freedom circumscribed by what we fear
      losing or the inability to gain more of what we already have?

      The enslavement of poverty and scarcity, the servitude to
      subsistence, the prison of a life with increasingly limited
      possibilities or mabye just changing the conversation of who to be
      pissed off at for squandering my human inheritance of Cosmic
      Citizenship - who speaks for the starving child on the streets of
      Brazil?

      Conversations about human suffering rarely make distinctions about
      causation beyond human suffering. Even the solutions barely impact
      the experience of human suffering. It seems to me that the appearance
      of a race beyond the experience of human suffering must defacto be a
      self-evidencing soltion expressing itself - YES THERE IS AN
      EXPERIENCE BEYOND HUMAN SUFFERING.

      Whatever else it may offer, losing touch with my prison a worthy
      freedom to gain.