Fwd: >>CPChat>> Quantum Consciousness

  • IrenCzajka@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2006
      In einer eMail vom 01.10.2006 03:07:36 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
      universal_heartbeat2012@...:

      Dear Friends,

      Everything is connected...Everything is connected...<WBR>There is NO
      seperation. Click the publications link to acces

      _http://www.quantumchttp://www.quhttp_ (http://www.quantumconsciousness.org/)

      Love and Light.

      David

      NEW: The Entwined Mysteries of Anesthesia and Consciousness Anesthesiology
      2006 105:400-412 Consciousness: The Movie Are life and consciousness connected
      to the funda-mental level of reality?
      Consciousness defines our existence and reality, but the mechanism by which
      the brain generates thoughts and feelings remains unknown.
      Most explanations portray the brain as a computer, with nerve cells
      ("neurons") and their synaptic connections acting as simple switches. However
      computation alone cannot explain why we have feelings and awareness, an "inner
      life."
      We also don't know if our conscious perceptions accurately portray the
      external world. At its base, the universe follows the seemingly bizarre and
      paradoxical laws of quantum mechanics, with particles being in multiple places
      simultaneously, connected over distance, and with time not existing. But the “
      classical” world we perceive is definite, with a flow of time. The boundary or
      edge (quantum state reduction, or ‘collapse of the wave function”) between
      the quantum and classical worlds somehow involves consciousness.
      I spent twenty years studying how computer-like structures called
      microtubules inside neurons and other cells could process information related to
      consciousness. But when I read The emperor’s new mind by Sir Roger Penrose in 1991
      I realized that consciousness may be a specific process on the edge between
      the quantum and classical worlds. Roger and I teamed up to develop a theory
      of consciousness based on quantum computation in microtubules within neurons.
      Roger’s mechanism for an objective threshold for quantum state reduction
      connects us to the most basic, “funda-mental” level of the universe at the
      Planck scale, and is called objective reduction (OR). Our suggestion for
      biological feedback to microtubule quantum states is orchestration (Orch), hence our
      model is called orchestrated objective reduction, Orch OR.

      "Mind and intelligence are woven into the fabric of the universe" - Freeman
      Dyson In recent years I have concluded that such a connection to the basic
      proto-conscious level of reality where Platonic values are embedded is
      strikingly similar to Buddhist concepts, and may account for spirituality.

      This website is intended to convey the ideas and implications behind Orch
      OR. Click here for a general overview. However for a reader-friendly, entry
      level approach, try Interviews (or Popular Press under Media). The general
      categories are:
      Personal includes my professional status, a statement about my interest in
      consciousness, curriculum vitae, contact information and a personal photo
      gallery.
      Publications includes articles related to quantum consciousness/Publications
      includes articles

      Penrose Hameroff Orch OR model
      Anesthesia and Consciousness
      Biology of Microtubules
      Debates
      Interviews
      Oldies But Goodies
      Media includes lectures, Powerpoint presentations, computer simulations,
      popular press articles, images.
      Views includes slightly tangential material from me and others.
      Quantum Mind Archives includes abstracts from the two Quantum Mind
      conferences held in 1999 in Flagstaff, Arizona, and in 2003 in Tucson. Also included
      are archives from the Quantum Mind email discussion group which ran from June,
      1998 to October, 2002.
      Ultimate Computing is my complete book Ultimate computing: Biomolecular
      consciousness and nanotechnology , published by Elsevier-North Holland in 1987.
      Some have called it my “pre-quantum ode to microtubules” (assisted by Conrad
      Schneiker)