Re: job opening

  • Bill Seymour
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 1, 1999
      Yes, when I saw it I noticed we had no town or city like the one mentioned.

      bill

      --
      Bill Seymour
      Director - Corporate and Public Relations
      Message 40 of 40 , Sep 5, 2007
        ORGANIZATION: Pharmaceutical and technology-related corporation
        POSITION: Communications Manager (Internal)
        LOCATION: Livonia, MI

        POSITION OVERVIEW:

        This position is responsible for building the company's
        communications function focusing on managing the strategy,
        development, and execution of internal communications and external
        public relations. This person works closely with Human Resources and
        senior leaders as well as other internal departments to develop and
        deliver internal communications that support brand initiatives and
        global business goals.

        Responsibilities:

        Internal Communications:

        Recommend, plan, develop, and manage projects designed to educate
        and inform employees regarding the goals, vision and strategy of the
        company.

        Write and edit complex messages and materials with clarity of
        purpose and intent, producing content for use in executive messages,
        publications, on-line tools and announcements.

        Create and edit content for the company's corporate intranet site
        Partner with other departments to plan and design communications
        strategies and programs to support the Company's business goals
        Coordinate with corporate colleagues responsible for employee
        communications to ensure uniformity and consistency of internal
        communications messaging to all employees.

        Measure effectiveness of internal communications plans, strategies,
        channels and initiatives. Identify and assess communications needs
        of management and employees and develop and measure employee
        communications plans accordingly.

        Collaborate with creative staff and external vendors as needed,
        including graphic designers, freelance writers, photographers,
        printers, etc. to ensure timely and cost effective completion of
        initiatives.

        Support Community Relations efforts. Plan and execute regional
        events as required

        External Communications:

        Accountable for the creation of corporate presentations
        Oversee strategic public relations tactics including media tours,
        writing press releases, identifying speaking opportunities, pitching
        stories, briefing and preparing executive staff.

        Develop relationships with key members of the media.
        Develop and implement PR plans and programs. Create communications
        materials: corporate fact sheet, executive bios, etc

        Requirements:

        Significant public relations, media relations and/or corporate
        communications experience, with an emphasis on internal
        communications.

        Expert writing and editing skills.

        Ability to design and develop creative presentations
        Extensive and effective interpersonal skills for corporate
        communications and media.

        Ability to perform as a strategic thinker as well as tactical
        performer.

        Track record of sourcing and executing effective and creative
        communications programs that delivers on the strategy
        Ability to understand complex business information and effectively
        communicate key messages to and on behalf of all levels of business
        line management and staff.

        Entrepreneurial, working easily as an independent contributor or as
        a leader of broader communications team initiatives.

        Comfortable in fast-paced environment that values creativity, self-
        motivation, passion, candor, reliability and accountability
        Ability to operate in a global matrix organization
        Bachelor's degree (Communications, Public Relations or Marketing
        preferred).

        HOW TO APPLY:

        CONTACT:

        Karlen Dunlavy