xp - Question - texting-based charitable fund-raising?

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2013
      Does anybody have any experience in this (or could you refer me to someone
      who has experience with this)? I have a friend and colleague who was asking
      me questions about this earlier today, and while I could answer some of her
      questions, some were outside my field of experience. So I'm looking for an
      expert who will step up and help out with answers.

      BTW - this is a charity I support - I'll be speaking Monday with the
      Director about going on the board (it helps at-risk kids), so I'd appreciate
      this help.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2013

        I have worked with this company numerous times. Here is a great and thorough FAQ. Let me know if you'd like a contact.

        http://www.mobilematters.org/mobile-faqs

        The most important thing is that the charity must have annual revenue of $500K to receive donations via text. However there are still ways that smaller organizations can use this technology, such as asking people to text in a "pledge," and then a representative calls them back to process the donation by phone. Or the organization can text a link the person can click on to donate directly.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2013
          Thanks, Kezia – very helpful, very responsive.

          <http://pr-marketing2point0.blogspot.com/> http://pr-marketing2point0.blogspot.com/

          05-6-16 BMC Logo