Looking for help, sources, insights, case studies, perspective

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19 9:53 PM
      I am looking at writing an eBook this summer on the likely impacts (for good
      and for ill) of the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) on America's
      businesses. My writing partner and I have been researching this topic for
      more than a year so that we could advise our clients (mine in healthcare and
      business, his in the insurance field - and his business clients) on likely
      impacts. However, the catalyst was the Administration's announcement on
      July 2 that, as a benefit to business, they would be postponing
      implementation of the penalties imposed on businesses which don't provide
      approved insurance for their employees until 2015 (originally set for
      implementation 1/1/2014). This sounded good - but what wasn't mentioned was
      that the reporting requirements would still be there, with different
      penalties for not reporting.

      Obamacare is like all other government bills - it gives some, and it takes
      some, and it's not always clear which is which. We hope to sort that out
      for our readers, just as we're trying to sort it out for our clients.

      I'm looking for information - articles, white papers, blogs, legislation,
      regulations, etc., and if you come across anything, please keep me in mind.
      But I'll also be looking for case studies, perspective (do you have a client
      who's got a view on this - pro or con, up or down? - if so, we'd like to
      hear from you, and if possible, include that client's comments, with
      attribution, in the book). And we're colleagues here, so I'll say this now
      - this isn't about "gotcha." If we quote a client, we'll run the quote by
      you to make sure we got it right (and give you the opportunity to opt out if
      you don't like our presentation). I'm looking for help, not to make
      enemies.

      We're hoping this is a book that will be read by supporters as well as
      opponents of the ACA - and we're casting a broad net around the topic. We
      want to include the bill's provisions, but also give insights on how this
      will impact CEOs and Boards, CFOs and CPAs, lawyers and other consultants
      required to give prudent advice to clients, HR executives who deal with
      health insurance issues daily - as well as employees, unions, individuals -
      staunch advocates of the law and Tea Party activists who question it (or
      oppose it).

      If you spot an article, please shoot the URL my way. If you've got a client
      who has questions - we'd like to know them, so we can try to objectively
      answer them if at all possible. If you have clients who have perspectives
      on this law, and of the myriad of issues stemming from this law, please let
      me know.

      Thanks.

      And by the way, if you can help us reach the right news media with news
      about Obamacare, we're still looking - and as noted, this is a paying gig
      for those with solid contacts within the business and consumer media which
      focuses on healthcare issues.