Looking for PR Media Pitch Support with Contacts, Track Record

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16 3:01 PM
      Please excuse the "mass mailing," but I'm on the fast track to put together
      a team of compensated experts - either vertically in a given and appropriate
      trade, or horizontally in a geographic region - who can help my partner and
      I generate solid and swift press coverage for a new venture.

      This venture is focused on business, not politics, but it addresses the
      so-called Affordable Care Act, better known as Obamacare, and specifically
      focuses on the impact that this will have on business.

      As many of you know, I've been in healthcare for decades, and have even
      testified before congress on national health policy. My partner has decades
      of experience in the insurance industry. Each of us, individually, had been
      exploring what Obamacare would mean to our clients and our industries -
      recently, we pooled our findings, and what we came up with is shocking and
      newsworthy.

      But I find that, while I'll be doing the heavy lifting on the writing
      (though my partner is also a skilled and gifted writer), that doesn't leave
      me with a lot of time to pitch the media, and while I know press releases
      can have a positive impact, we want more. Hence my outreach to you to see
      if you can help us reach our target markets and media markets.

      Our end-result message has a number of targets (the business targets are for
      businesses with 50 or more employers - that low threshold is how Obamacare
      identifies "large employers":
      1. Business Investors, Owners and Board Members
      2. Business Human Resource Executives
      3. Corporate Attorneys who advise Business Owners and Board Members
      4. Corporate CPAs and CFOs who advise Business Owners and Board Members
      5. Executives and Decision-Makers in the Insurance Industry
      6. Executives and Decision-Makers in the Healthcare Industry, including
      doctors, hospital executives and other leaders
      7. Political activists seeking to address Obamacare, from whatever
      position they may hold in the "debate" - we want all who are involved to
      know the facts and what those facts really mean
      Beyond those market segments, we specifically want to reach the following
      media, and this is where you might help us:
      * Business news media which covers insurance, healthcare, government
      or very specifically, Obamacare
      * Consumer and Mainstream news media which cover those same topical
      targets
      * Bloggers who cover any of the topics related to Obamacare, from any
      angle
      We're looking for people who can, through personal contacts or shoe-leather,
      reach editors, reporters and writers, as well as radio/TV news and business
      news talk show/business show/news show producers, bookers and hosts.
      If you can help - or if you know someone who has the credentials to help
      with the media pitching into those vertical or horizontal markets, please
      get back to me.
      Thanks

    • Edna Kaplan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16 5:53 PM
        Ned,

        We too have a healthcare focus and had a long-time health insurance client, targeting most of these markets with the exception of #3 and #7. If your need is not immediate, I can pitch in when I'm back from vacation at the beginning of August.

        - Edna

        Edna Kaplan
        President | KOGS Communication LLC
        221 Essex St., Suite 41 | Salem, MA 01970
        781.639.1910 | mobile: 617.974.8659| @healthPREdna | www.kogspr.com