RE: [PRQuorum] xp - How to best promote an iPhone / Android app and the services of the firm making them

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2013
      Geo

      This question needs a bit more information before anyone can give you a
      decent reply. A few bits of information include:

      1. Target market - is this aimed at the US or Europe or Eastern Europe
      (I know you're in Romania) or . where?
      2. Do you have a budget in mind for this promotion?
      3. Language may be an issue here. "Urbanism" and "civic involvement"
      aren't terms in widespread use in the US, but there are similar terms which
      do define a discrete market. For instance .
      a. Do you realize that in the US, the term "urban" equates with the
      black hip-hop/rap/"gangsta" culture - and,
      b. Do you realize that in the US, the term "civic involvement" tends to
      equate to "community organizer," which is also an inner-city urban
      phenomenon (remember, the current US President was originally a "community
      organizer") -
      c. Is that what you mean by "Urbanism" and "civic involvement" when
      you focus on the app's market?
      4. Your two markets here are very different, and appear to be mutually
      exclusive. For instance .
      a. Promoting a specific app goes to a specific end-user market of
      consumers with phones.
      b. However, promoting their ability to create apps goes to a very
      different, high-tech market (or to a corporate market looking for someone to
      create apps for them).
      c. Which market are you most interested in?

      These are a few of the questions that spring to mind, Geo. I'm sure many of
      us would be glad to offer help, if we had more information.