XP - VOCUS: Is lying a way to start a business relationship? (was: Barnett Marketing Communications- Grow your Business with Vocus Marketing

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2013
      Perhaps I'm over-reacting (I don't think so, but I'll allow the
      possibility), but I do not respect companies that start a sales process by
      lying.

      As you can see below, a Vocus sales rep sent me an email claiming that he'd
      tried to call me (unsuccessfully) last week. As with many who use cell
      phones as their primary phone contact, I know that nobody tried to call my
      phone, and I resent the implication that I'd received calls. This, of
      course, is intended to create the sense of an existing relationship.

      Since I know that Vocus is heavily marketing to PR firms, I thought you all
      might want to know that they lie in an attempt to open sales doors - and,
      presumably, this is an acceptable practice at Vocus.

      Just an FYI.

      www.barnettmarcom.com - twitter @nedbarnett