Question - Lazy? Was:: xp - Urgent, Time-Sensitive Help Needed

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2012
      I want to thank everyone who helped me in my recent request for information
      that my initial Google searches didn't turn up. The help was a real
      game-changer, and very much appreciated.

      However, I also got one very snarky (my opinion) message from a list-member
      (his name isn't important to my question here) who - though he obviously
      didn't read my message, since he "assumed" that this was a request from a
      prospect, rather than from my largest client - and proceeded to give me (IMO
      bad) advice that I should just put them off, telling them that I'd need
      several days to respond to their request.

      Then he told me I was lazy for asking the group for help, instead of
      figuring it out for myself.

      Which leads me to my question to you. Is asking for help from the group
      "lazy?" Obviously, I don't think it is, or I wouldn't do it, but I also
      realize that I'm a bit close to the issue. I know that whenever anybody
      else asks for help, if at all possible I try to help him (or her) with
      information I know or can find, based on 40 or so years in the business. So
      I've never felt awkward about asking for help in return.

      But this message I got was very pointed, and it got me wondering. Is asking
      for help from list members one of the roles of this list? Or is it just
      being lazy?

      Please advise.