Wired city hall?

  • Dale Worobec
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 1999
      Does anyone happen to know of any municipal governments that have gone
      beyond the standard "informational" Web site?

      I'm especially interested to know if any cities have started providing
      services via the Web...like business licenses, parking ticket payments,
      etc,etc.

      I'll appreciate any info...thanks!

      DW

      Worobec & Associates
      (Strategic Communications)

      Saskatoon, SK CAN
      Voice: (306) 244-0256
      Fax: (306) 653-0137
      dalew@...
    • Ted Jernigan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 1999
        Try Singapore. It is a city/state, but very wired.
        Start with this web site. You can be assured that anything with this URL is
        at least sanctioned by the government.
        http://www.singapore.com/cgibin/var/online/var.htm
        Regards,
        Ted Jernigan

        Does anyone happen to know of any municipal governments that have gone
        beyond the standard "informational" Web site?

        I'm especially interested to know if any cities have started providing
        services via the Web...like business licenses, parking ticket payments,
        etc,etc.

        I'll appreciate any info...thanks!

        DW

        Worobec & Associates
        (Strategic Communications)

        Saskatoon, SK CAN
        Voice: (306) 244-0256
        Fax: (306) 653-0137
        dalew@...

        With more than 14 million emails exchanged daily...
        http://www.onelist.com
        ...ONElist IS the place where the world talks!
      • timothy aka MoNA LiSA
        Message 3 of 3 , May 11, 1999
          Hi there,

          The SIngapore government has an Intelligent Island initiative to wire up the
          entire country.
          Do visit the websites:

          http://s-one.net.sg/

          http://www.s-one.gov.sg/html/mainmenu.html