xp - it's official - spring started Saturday in Las Vegas

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2012
      I tend to look at spring starting when the temp hits 100 (F) here in Vegas,
      and yesterday it hit 102 (F) - so I guess Spring is really here (though
      there is still snow on Mt. Charleston).

      Summer will arrive when it hits 108, the temperature where it starts to feel
      really warm. I expect that sometime in May, as it's warmed up a bit early
      this year. But I could be wrong - weather has been wildly erratic here in
      the desert Southwest of late .

      Oddly, the Northeast is supposed to get up to a foot of snow today,
      suggesting that the weather is even more gonzo nationwide than it is here in
      Lost Wages .