The new news model - and PR's role

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2012
      I have a friend of long standing, Grant Armendariz, who was for many years a
      honcho at BusinessWire - he's recently gone out on his own, advising
      businesses and PR agencies how to best use the resources of the various wire
      services (and - not unimportant - how to negotiate for the best prices).

      He's also started a blog to help him position himself, and his most recent
      blog is on the newspaper industry, and why the traditional ink-on-paper
      model is probably even less secure than we might think . and what that means
      to PR people. I encourage you to take a look: http://grantarmendariz.com/

      I also encourage you to consider talking to Grant
      (grant@...) about how you can improve your reach and reduce
      your costs when issuing news releases on one or the other of the many wire
      services available to you. He's well-versed in the industry and a
      straight-shooter as well.