International Media Contacts

  • desmondekeh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
      Dear Team/All

      Happy New Year. Wish everybody a fulfilling and event packed 2012.

      I run a PR company in Lagos, Nigeria. I just left a strategic meeting with a brief that requires the use of some international media for a particular activation. Please could anybody help with News, Entertainment, Fashion/Style and Sports editors contacts in the following media:

      1. SKY, CNN, Fox News, BBC, Times Magazine, Economist, Harvard Business Review, Financial Times.

      2. I will also appreciate to get advertising rates of any or all of the media mentioned.

      Thank you as I look forward to early response.

      Best Regards,
      Desmond Ekeh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
        Desmond

        Since this is a PR List, I'm not sure how many of us will have ad
        information; however, if you go online you'll find that each of these has a
        media kit that you can download.

        As for the contacts, this is a broad brush you've asked for, and typically,
        you'll need to drill a lot deeper than "news" or "sports" or "entertainment"
        for those major international media. They'll each have editorial
        decision-makers such as (in broadcast) assignment editors that are much more
        narrow-focused. For instance, CNN has dozens of geo-located bureau chiefs,
        and dozens of topical assignment editors.

        If you've got a budget, in the US, "Gordon's Radio List" is a good source of
        radio info (and both Fox and CNN have radio nets); plus, Gordon has a
        companion TV list which may have the info you're looking for re: Fox and
        CNN. These lists cost about $350 USD each, and are annual subscriptions
        which are updated monthly, a useful tool.

        However, having said all of that, if anybody here has the extensive news and
        entertainment contact lists for the broadcasters Desmond mentioned, please
        share them with me as well. Even with access to "mymediainfo" as a core
        database, I am constantly struggling to obtain and update current info on
        the appropriate show producers for Fox (news and business) and CNN (ditto).

        Good luck, Desmond.

        Ned

        Thanks!

      • desmondekeh@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2012
          Thank you so much Ned. I truly appreciate your input and advise. Regards, Desmond
          Sent from my BlackBerry� smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.