xp - another sponsorship question

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
      OK - I need further insights - please help me out here.

      We have an athlete in the world-class cross fit competition - she has ranked
      high in the past two years (13th two years ago, 7th last year). The events
      run from February through October, more or less, and at least some are
      televised. The events are in some venues tied to UCF fighting competition,
      and as a sport it seems to be following the growth-arc of UCF.

      The athlete our client will sponsor has not had sponsors before. She will
      already be at some events, and we want to bring her to other events. We'd
      rather avoid an hourly rate.

      What kind of per-event rate should we offer, for the events she'll be at and
      for the events that we'll bring her to?

      Suggestions, please.

    • Robin Caldwell
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2011
        Charge a flat fee/day rate plus a per diem for the rep's expenses.

        On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Ned Barnett <ned@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > OK - I need further insights - please help me out here.
        >
        > We have an athlete in the world-class cross fit competition - she has
        > ranked
        > high in the past two years (13th two years ago, 7th last year). The events
        > run from February through October, more or less, and at least some are
        > televised. The events are in some venues tied to UCF fighting competition,
        > and as a sport it seems to be following the growth-arc of UCF.
        >
        > The athlete our client will sponsor has not had sponsors before. She will
        > already be at some events, and we want to bring her to other events. We'd
        > rather avoid an hourly rate.
        >
        > What kind of per-event rate should we offer, for the events she'll be at
        > and
        > for the events that we'll bring her to?
        >
        > Suggestions, please.
        >
        > Ned Barnett, APR
        >
        > Marketing & PR Fellow, American Hospital Association
        >
        > Barnett Marketing Communications
        >
        > 420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3-276 - Las Vegas NV 89110
        >
        > 702-561-1167 - cell/text
        >
        > <http://www.barnettmarcom.com> www.barnettmarcom.com - twitter @nedbarnett
        >
        > <http://pr-marketing2point0.blogspot.com/>
        > http://pr-marketing2point0.blogspot.com/
        >
        > 05-6-16 BMC Logo

        r o b i n m. c a l d w e l l
        cleveland | new york | wherever
        p(646) 807-8637
        Twitter: @thejstandard <http://twitter.com/thejstandard>
        Blog: <http://mediatechpr.com/>MEdia | Tech | P.
        R.<http://mediatechpr.com/>
        Website: The J Standard Media Group <http://thejstandard.com>
        *
        *
        *This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
        prohibited.*
        *

        *

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2011
          Thanks, Robin - any chance you have a dollar value in mind based on the
          scenario I painted?

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2011
            You're welcome. It's generally your hourly rate times 7 or 8 hours or
            another way to come up with a flat fee is to consider what is reasonable
            compensation for a loss of wages for the day.

            A day rate range can be $500-$1500 depending on the event and time spent in
            prep and actually working. And it can be higher for media escorts.

            My per diem covers the cost of two meals, approximated fees for taxi or
            gas/mileage. I have charged as little as $40 for something local and as
            high as $75 for travel out of state.