XP - URGENT - What Upscale "Lifestyle" Media in Washington DC Area

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011
      I've got to present (at 8 a.m. tomorrow) - to a new client the kinds of
      lifestyle media that upscale folks in Bethesda MD and nearby Washington DC
      (and suburbs) read, watch or visit online. Especially interested in women
      20s-to-50s, and especially (but not exclusively) women of color in that
      market. This just got dumped on me - if you've got ANY ideas, please shoot
      them to me.

      Desperate in Las Vegas .

    • Samuel L. Waltz Jr.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011
        Someone will provide you better answers, Ned, than me since I live & work
        100 miles from Wash DC, and...
        I've specifically copied Katherine Hutt in PRSA / Wash DC at Nautilus
        Communications in whom I have the highest confidence...

        However, I'd start with three of the basics...
        > Washington Post
        > Washingtonian Magazine
        > Washington Business Review (may be a different name)

        In my view, it'd be condescending to think that upscale women 20s to 50s and
        other women of color would NOT read the same basic publications that other
        Civic / Community / Business Leaders there read in order to be informed. So,
        while you may tailor your approach to some verticals, I wouldn't go without
        the Foundational Basics above.

        Also, Ned, as someone who has lived / worked in / around the DC market since
        my Vietnam-era US Army CounterIntel service there in the late 1960s, people
        outside the East / MidAtlantic always need to keep in mind that a
        significantly high degree of overlap exists between Wash DC and Baltimore.
        So it's not at all unusual to have some of your target audience live in
        Baltimore and work in Wash DC, or vice versa.

        Finally, too, keep in mind that a growing number of suburban enclaves might
        be targeted, e.g., Frederick MD, Harpers Ferry MD, Annapolis MD,
        Fredericksburg VA, Front Royal / Manassas VA, Reston VA, etc.

        Finally, too, if you need on-ground freelance help in New Media / Social
        Media from the Milennials, my son Andrew Waltz, 28, U Delaware BFA '07, is
        based there, and he's "in transition," having recently completed an 18-month
        engagement for www.USCCB.org, the US Conference of Catholic Bishops, the
        governing hierarchy of the Church, doing New Media, Web, Videography, etc.,
        and I've cc'd Andrew.

        Best wishes, and best of luck to you, Sam

        --

        *=======================================*

        *Samuel L. Waltz Jr., APR, Fellow PRSA*

        *SamWaltz@...*

        *302.777.7774*

        * *

        Sam Waltz & Associates LLC

        Business & Communications Counsel

        11 Downs Drive, Limerick at Greenville

        Wilmington, DE 19807.2555

        Founded 1993

        * *

        www.SamWaltz.com <http://www.samwaltz.com/> Business & Communications
        Counsel

        www.RLSassociates.com <http://www.rlsassociates.com/> Investment Banking /
        Merger & Acquisition

        *http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/SamWaltz
        <http://www.linkedin.com/in/SamWaltz>*to request connection

        �Your life and mine will be valued not by what we take, but what we give!�

        * *

        *Helping Leaders & Organizations Navigate*

        *Difficult Events, Trends, Times, People & Issues *

        *to Achieve Their Goals!*

        *=======================================*

        *DISCLAIMER*: Sender is NOT a United States Securities Dealer or Broker or
        U.S. Investment Adviser. Sender is a Consultant, and Sender makes no
        warranties or representations as to any party or transaction. Via sending
        and receipt, each party declares that this email is not intended for the
        buying, selling or trading of securities, or the offering of counsel or
        advice with respect to such activities. All due diligence is the
        responsibility of the parties. This email and the attached related documents
        are never to be considered a solicitation for any purpose in any form or
        content.

        This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
        SS 2510-2521 and is legally privileged. The information contained in this
        email is intended solely for the Recipient and may contain privileged
        information. If the reader of this message and any attachments is not the
        intended Recipient, you are hereby notified that any examination,
        distribution, or copying of the material is strictly prohibited . If you
        received this message in error, please notify the Sender promptly and delete
        this message and any attachments. Tampering with or altering the contents of
        this message is prohibited.

        Upon receipt of these documents, the Recipient hereby acknowledges this
        Disclaimer.