xp - Are you planning ahead? Do you have the ultimate goal in your sights?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2011
      On December 7, 1941, the Japanese launched the most decisive single attack
      every made against the military forces of Japan. For the next six months,
      we lost every battle we fought, and it was 1943 before we started
      consistently winning .

      On December 18, 1941, we'd lost at Pearl Harbor, we'd lost at Guam, we were
      losing in the Philippines and we were about to lose Wake Island - Singapore
      and the Dutch East Indies were about to fall, and everywhere Japan was
      ascendant. We not only weren't winning the war, but we hadn't stopped
      losing and had no clear vision of when or how we'd stop Japan's seemingly
      unstoppable steamroller of military dominance.

      On December 18, 1941, an obscure brigadier general in the US Army War Plans
      Division - a guy named Ike Eisenhower - opened an operation charged with
      planning the successful invasion and ultimate occupation of the nation of
      Japan. This wasn't hubris. This wasn't "Fantasy Island." This was sound,
      prudent planning, and demonstrated that even as we were having our heads
      handed to us on a silver platter, we were looking ahead to the time when
      Japan would be ultimately and irrevocably successful.

      Assume that, for your business (or your clients) this is "December 18,
      1941." Are you scrambling for a way - any way - to stop a seemingly
      invulnerable foe? Or are you calmly planning for their ultimate defeat and
      your ultimate victory? If you haven't opened your "Occupation of Japan"
      planning office, why not? Why is your "vision" so short-sighted?

      Comments?