XP - Newsletter, Website Publishing Opportunity (I need help)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2011
      I'm now the editor of three combination websites/newsletters for a client in
      Florida, but an editor without any writing staff.

      It seemed like a great idea until they finally spelled out what they want -
      49 articles per week, every week (taken on a 40-hour week, I need to produce
      a new articles every 48 minutes! Whew .).

      Nonetheless, I'm not whining - I'm extraordinarily glad to have the business
      (it's what's been keeping us alive, financially and in other ways, since
      April), and I want to do the best job for them I possibly can.

      However, I need some writing help, and what I can offer is free publication
      with full attribution/credit (and links) of your articles, opinion pieces,
      blogs, etc, which could help your website's SEO, give you something to tweet
      and FB post about, show off to clients or employers, etc.

      Here are the broad topics/target markets:

      . Adults who are going (or want to go) back to college after time in
      the work-world or military - 25-plus, either to finish a once-started degree
      or to go after an advanced degree, especially to improve their employability

      . Adults who are looking for jobs and want to improve their
      employability-factor via education or other means

      . People who have hit the bottom financially, who want to dig
      themselves out (who are looking for tips, resources, inspiration, etc.)

      I'm looking for 250-500 word articles, opinion pieces, blogs, etc. - as many
      as I can get (obviously). You can write under your own byline, under the
      byline of a client (or whatever) - or you could refer me to someone who
      might want to do this. And in the "about the author" we can have a link back
      to your website, Facebook page, blog, etc.

      This would be useful if you have a client in the field, or if you have
      something you have to say . or, perhaps, if you know an intern or someone
      just starting out who'd welcome a byline for their portfolio.

      If you're interested, I can give you a lot more information on the websites
      and newsletters, our guidelines, etc.

      Thanks

      Ned

      PS - I'd appreciate it if someone here would re-post this to YoungPRPros and
      to any other PR lists which will reach professional-quality writers.
      Thanks!

    • Kirkpatrick, Lois M.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2011
        Ned (and others who need web/newsletter content):

        Scribd.com allows you to "re-purpose" most articles posted there for
        free. The benefit to writers like me who post articles there is that:
        (1) it gets wider distribution of our work, (2) is yet another tool to
        disseminate information about our business or organization, and (3)
        helps position us as subject-matter experts. Go there and do a search
        for articles related to your clients.

        Here's the statement copied from Scribd.com:

        Documents on Scribd are set, by default, to a Creative Commons
        Attribution/Non-Commercial license at upload time. This license grants
        others the right to copy and re-use your document for non-commercial
        purposes provided that you are given credit.

        You should also do a Google search for Scribd's competitors, because
        they represent an additional source for free content.

        Lois Kirkpatrick, Manager
        Marketing & Strategic Analysis
        Office for Children
        Fairfax County Dept. of Family Services