RE: [prbytes] xp - finding court-appointed attorneys

  • Geri Wilson
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 14, 2011
      ned -
      i would make a quick call to the public information officer of a superior
      court (like L.A. County Superior Court), and ask them. i probably wouldn't
      go into detail about how/why i wanted it. i'd just ask if such a list
      existed and how could i get a copy.
      best -
      geri

      geri wilson
      the jonathan group
      - marketing for business -
      626.403.6741

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 14, 2011
        Thanks, Geri - I was hoping for something a bit more "automated," but this
        is a good idea and it may be the best idea.

        As always, I really appreciate your helpful insights.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 14, 2011
          You can buy those lists. A Simple Google Search will find hundreds of organizations.

          The top one on my search was US Data Corporation.com

          Good luck.
          On Mar 14, 2011, at 10:36 AM, Geri Wilson wrote:

          > ned -
          > i would make a quick call to the public information officer of a superior
          > court (like L.A. County Superior Court), and ask them. i probably wouldn't
          > go into detail about how/why i wanted it. i'd just ask if such a list
          > existed and how could i get a copy.
          > best -
          > geri
          >
          > geri wilson
          > the jonathan group
          > - marketing for business -
          > 626.403.6741
          >

          > _____

        • Cyrus Afzali
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 14, 2011
            Ned,

            It will be hard in many cases to sell specifically to this market. The main
            reason is that most states' ethics rules require every licensed attorney to
            do a certain amount of pro-bono work, which is basically what
            court-appointed attorneys are doing. Also, you have other systems such as in
            NYC where a contract is given to a non-profit organization, such as the
            Legal Aid Society, to serve as legal counselors to those who can't afford an
            attorney.

            Basically, in most cases, you'll be marketing to all consumer litigation
            firms because these folks are also the ones that handle most of the pro-bono
            cases.

            Cyrus

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 14, 2011
              My experience, Ana, is that they rent lists for email blasts (which they
              then do) - they don't sell lists. Am I wrong in that?

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 14, 2011
                Cyrus - I appreciate your insights and concerns, and you're right as far as
                it goes. However, there are more than 50,000 attorneys in the US who do the
                bulk (or all) of their practice as court-appointed attorneys, and those are
                our targets. We're not targeting either Legal Aid or pro-bono attorneys,
                but the full-time folks whose careers are court-appointed (but reimbursed)
                attorneys.

                Thanks again for your insights.

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 14, 2011
                  You can buy and rent.