XP - Help with a search

  • ned@barnettmarcom.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2010
      Once again, Google has failed me (or I've failed Google - perhaps I've
      sinned and fallen short of the glory of G). Anyway, I'm trying to discern
      trends in advertising for a business plan I'm writing. Here's what I'm
      trying to find:

      a. What media are growing in the face of a bad economy (in terms of revenue)

      b. What media are holding their own

      c. What media are falling in revenue

      Basically, I'm looking for trends.

      No matter how I phrase the terms of the search, I get information on the
      latest online advertising webinar or what was hot in April 2008. Nothing
      current, nothing relevant.

      Anybody able to help me out here?
    • Ana Lydia Ochoa
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010
        Have you looked into AdWeek?

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2010
          Yes, thank you - it was unresponsive to my needs.

          Ned Barnett, APR
          President

          http://www.facebook.com/brandltd

          http;//www.twitter.com/brandltd

          8860 West Sunset Road, Suite 200
          Las Vegas, NV 89148
          Phone: 702.257.2345 | Cell: 702.561-1167 | Fax: 702.257.2501
          http://www.brandltd.com | brandltd.mobi

          cid:3364902388_31904846

          Please consider the environment before printing this email. P

          > Once again, Google has failed me (or I've failed Google - perhaps I've
          > sinned and fallen short of the glory of G). Anyway, I'm trying to discern
          > trends in advertising for a business plan I'm writing. Here's what I'm
          > trying to find:
          >
          > a. What media are growing in the face of a bad economy (in terms of
          revenue)

          > b. What media are holding their own
          >
          > c. What media are falling in revenue
          >
          > Basically, I'm looking for trends.
          >
          > No matter how I phrase the terms of the search, I get information on the
          > latest online advertising webinar or what was hot in April 2008. Nothing
          > current, nothing relevant.
          >
          > Anybody able to help me out here?

        • Judith Hanford
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
            Ned,

            Someone suggested you try AdWeek, but have you tried Advertising Age?

            You also might consider contacting Faith Popcorn...I believe she's sitll around.
            If memory is correct, she's in New York. She does trend predications and consulting and is pretty spot on most of the time.

            Judi Hanford

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
              Thanks, Judi - good suggestions. I tried Ad Age, but didn't think about
              Faith Popcorn - remember reading two of her books in the 90s - she was sharp
              then and assume she's still got that edge. Good call!

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 1, 2010
                Ooops, I meant to write information desk. Spellcheck flagged it, thought I was fixing it but, those danged cyber gremlins sent it without the fix.

                Judi