Re: [prbytes] Best book ever?

  • ned@brandltd.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
      Theory or practice? I like the Guerrilla books for practical and the books by Al Reis and his daughter Laura for theory.

      But that's because mine are out of print. <G>
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
        I would not recommend any books but websites and blogs, there are a plenty.

        Blessings,
        Jube Dankworth
        Net Media Consultants
        http://www.NetMediaConsultants.com
        Practical Public Relations
        On and OFF the Net
        817-400-2692

        http://www.linkedin.com/in/netmedia
        http://twitter.com/jubenetmedia

        On 10/26/2010 8:20 AM, Kirkpatrick, Lois M. wrote:
        > A friend of mine is a former copy editor and is now looking into the PR
        > profession. She took a PR class in J-school but that was a lifetime ago.
        > She's asked me to recommend a book on the practice of PR.
        >
        > I know that all 7,135 of Ned's books are required reading, but is there
        > one other book you would suggest for her?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lois Kirkpatrick

      • Duncan Matheson
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
          Depends on the type of PR you plan to practice. In my case, much of what we
          do is strategy often fighting government, and while this is unconventional,
          a book that has helped me far more than any PR book is Saul Alinsky's Rules
          for Radicals, recommended to me about a decade ago by the late Ron Graham. I
          have used any combination of these rules as elements of campaigns over the
          years often with success I'm sure we wouldn't have otherwise enjoyed.

          Duncan Matheson

          Bissett Matheson Communications Ltd.

          506-457-1627

          duncan@...

          www.bissettmatheson.com

          _____

          <mailto:Lois.Kirkpatrick%40fairfaxcounty.gov> >
          Sender: prbytes@yahoogroups.com <mailto:prbytes%40yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:20:14
          To: <prbytes@yahoogroups.com <mailto:prbytes%40yahoogroups.com> >
          A friend of mine is a former copy editor and is now looking into the PR
          profession. She took a PR class in J-school but that was a lifetime ago.
          She's asked me to recommend a book on the practice of PR.

          I know that all 7,135 of Ned's books are required reading, but is there
          one other book you would suggest for her?

          Thanks,
          Lois Kirkpatrick

        • Kirkpatrick, Lois M.
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
            Thanks, Ned, will do. JUBE -- are there any websites in particular you
            would recommend? There's only a few zillion pages out there. :-)

            Lois Kirkpatrick