Best book ever?

  • Kirkpatrick, Lois M.
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
      A friend of mine is a former copy editor and is now looking into the PR
      profession. She took a PR class in J-school but that was a lifetime ago.
      She's asked me to recommend a book on the practice of PR.

      I know that all 7,135 of Ned's books are required reading, but is there
      one other book you would suggest for her?

      Thanks,
      Lois Kirkpatrick

    • ned@brandltd.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
        Theory or practice? I like the Guerrilla books for practical and the books by Al Reis and his daughter Laura for theory.

        But that's because mine are out of print. <G>
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
          I would not recommend any books but websites and blogs, there are a plenty.

          Blessings,
          Jube Dankworth
          Net Media Consultants
          http://www.NetMediaConsultants.com
          Practical Public Relations
          On and OFF the Net
          817-400-2692

          http://www.linkedin.com/in/netmedia
          http://twitter.com/jubenetmedia

          On 10/26/2010 8:20 AM, Kirkpatrick, Lois M. wrote:
          > A friend of mine is a former copy editor and is now looking into the PR
          > profession. She took a PR class in J-school but that was a lifetime ago.
          > She's asked me to recommend a book on the practice of PR.
          >
          > I know that all 7,135 of Ned's books are required reading, but is there
          > one other book you would suggest for her?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Lois Kirkpatrick

        • Duncan Matheson
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 26, 2010
            Depends on the type of PR you plan to practice. In my case, much of what we
            do is strategy often fighting government, and while this is unconventional,
            a book that has helped me far more than any PR book is Saul Alinsky's Rules
            for Radicals, recommended to me about a decade ago by the late Ron Graham. I
            have used any combination of these rules as elements of campaigns over the
            years often with success I'm sure we wouldn't have otherwise enjoyed.

            Duncan Matheson

            Bissett Matheson Communications Ltd.

            506-457-1627

            duncan@...

            www.bissettmatheson.com

            _____

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
              Thanks, Ned, will do. JUBE -- are there any websites in particular you
              would recommend? There's only a few zillion pages out there. :-)

              Lois Kirkpatrick