Re: Daily tasks?

  • travarizza
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 18, 2010
      Hello Stephen,

      Thank you for your interest. You can call me Sead, that's my real name. I am 25 years old and I just graduated journalism a year ago. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina where it's pretty damn hard to get a job, so it basically took me a year to get things going (volunteered in a business magazine and did some basic PR for a promotional agency, nothing serious).

      I joined and finished a PR School done by The Centre for Strategy and Communication London (http://www.the-centre.co.uk) in cooperation with a local educational institution called Mediacentar Sarajevo http://www.media.ba. - but all of that is all theory and very little practice, so I'm doing my best to get as much input possible.

      I chose public relations because I enjoy writing, public speaking and representation. I was always drawn to books and journals so it seemed like a natural choice.

      --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Rafe" <rapport1@...> wrote:

      > Dear "travarizza" --
      >
      > What did you do for a living before deciding to enter public relations, why did you leave that other field, what caused you to select this field, what have you done to learn about this profession before entering it, what amount of practice (such as an internship) did you have prior to starting your business, etc.?
      >
      > BTW -- Poking our noses everywhere is a necessity for entrepreneurs. And so is being busy. For 30 years now, I have worked at every aspect of running my coaching and counseling firm an average of 12 hours a day (at least), with utter disregard for holidays or weekends, and taking "vacations" only "when necessary."
      >
      > Cordially --
      >
      > Stephen
      > STEPHEN RAFE
      > www.rapportcommunications.net

    • Kim Harrison
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 20, 2010
        Hi Sead

        You may be interested in visiting my website, www.cuttingedgepr.com.

        Have written 100+ free articles on various aspects of PR practice, posted in the website, that could help you learn about working in the profession.

        Best wishes

        Kim
        Kim Harrison
        Principal
        Cutting Edge PR
        www.cuttingedgepr.com

        Thank you for your interest. You can call me Sead, that's my real name. I am 25 years old and I just graduated journalism a year ago. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina where it's pretty damn hard to get a job, so it basically took me a year to get things going (volunteered in a business magazine and did some basic PR for a promotional agency, nothing serious).

        I joined and finished a PR School done by The Centre for Strategy and Communication London (http://www.the-centre.co.uk) in cooperation with a local educational institution called Mediacentar Sarajevo http://www.media.ba. - but all of that is all theory and very little practice, so I'm doing my best to get as much input possible.

        I chose public relations because I enjoy writing, public speaking and representation. I was always drawn to books and journals so it seemed like a natural choice.

        --- In prbytes@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Rafe" <rapport1@...> wrote:

        > Dear "travarizza" --
        >
        > What did you do for a living before deciding to enter public relations, why did you leave that other field, what caused you to select this field, what have you done to learn about this profession before entering it, what amount of practice (such as an internship) did you have prior to starting your business, etc.?
        >
        > BTW -- Poking our noses everywhere is a necessity for entrepreneurs. And so is being busy. For 30 years now, I have worked at every aspect of running my coaching and counseling firm an average of 12 hours a day (at least), with utter disregard for holidays or weekends, and taking "vacations" only "when necessary."
        >
        > Cordially --
        >
        > Stephen
        > STEPHEN RAFE
        > www.rapportcommunications.net

      • Sead Fadilpasic
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 20, 2010
          Will do, thanks a lot!

          On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Kim Harrison <kimharrison@...>wrote:

          > Hi Sead
          >
          > You may be interested in visiting my website, www.cuttingedgepr.com.
          >
          > Have written 100+ free articles on various aspects of PR practice, posted
          > in the website, that could help you learn about working in the profession.
          >
          > Best wishes
          >
          > Kim
          > Kim Harrison
          > Principal