XP - Oprah, Dr. Phil, Ellen, the View, etc.???

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2010
      I am now working with a Park Avenue cosmetic plastic surgeon who's just
      written a new book (The Fine Art of Looking Younger) which will be coming
      out this fall.

      Naturally, the author is interested in Oprah (every Author ever published
      since 1994 is interested in Oprah). I am more interested in generating
      useful placements on any show designed to deliver a mostly women, mostly
      plus 35, mostly with a bit of cash tucked away for a rainy-day nip-and-tuck.

      I'd like your perspectives on:

      1. How to pitch to this kind of market (my usual pitches are to tech
      journals)

      2. How to identify the target to whom I should pitch (i.e., I'd like
      media contact info on show hosts, producers, show-bookers, etc., for the
      "choice" media ops, either national or local (or Internet/Cable)

      3. Any special door-openers you might be able to provide to me re: a
      specific show-host, producer or booker

      4. Any other guidelines I'm obviously overlooking

      Thanks for any help you can provide.

      Ned

      Ned Barnett

      Partner & Executive V.P. Marketing
      Brand, LTD
      8860 W. Sunset Road, Suite 200
      Las Vegas, NV 89148

      Office (702) 257-2345

      Cell/Text (702) 561-1167

      Fax (702) 257-2501

      email: ned@... <mailto:pam@...>

      www.brandltd.com <http://www.brandltd.com/>

      strategic, creative integrated marketing solutions

      cid:3338267929_19574468

      Please consider the environment before printing this email. P