RE: [prbytes] (X-post) Sharing: 2010 Hispanic Social Media Report

    Message 1 of 11 , May 30, 2010
      Thanks – we should know something Tuesday

      Ned Barnett, APR

      Fellow, American Hospital Association - Marketing & PR

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3-276

      Las Vegas NV 89110

      702-696-1200 - office

      702-561-1167 - cell/text

      www.barnettmarcom.com

      From: "Ned Barnett" < ned@... <mailto:ned%40barnettmarcom.com> <mailto:ned%40barnettmarcom.com> >
      Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 07:21:48
      To: < prbytes@yahoogroups.com <mailto:prbytes%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:prbytes%40yahoogroups.com> >
      Cc: < PRMindshare@yahoogroups.com <mailto:PRMindshare%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:PRMindshare%40yahoogroups.com> >; < prquorum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:prquorum%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:prquorum%40yahoogroups.com> >; < SmallShopNetwork@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SmallShopNetwork%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:SmallShopNetwork%40yahoogroups.com> >

      Ana

      I have finally gotten around to reading this (I’ve been VERY busy, but I saved it to look at when I had some time) and I’ve been blown away by the utility and insight this represents. With the Hispanic market in the US now larger than the entire Canadian market, this is not a market to be ignored lightly. So I’ve shared it widely to my business associates and colleagues (with appropriate recognition to you for sharing it), and I encourage others on this list to do the same.

      This is big news and very useful.

      Thanks, Ana

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 10, 2010
        FYI -

        When hiring translators, ensure that copy is "transcreated" and not translated. You may also consider hiring, as we always recommend, certified translators that are industry focused. I.E., we have a translator that only works with us on education, non-profit work - but not website copy. In other words, you should look for a copy-writer FIRST, and ensure that he/she is also industry experienced and certified.

        Hope this helps.
        --

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 10, 2010
          William,

          I'm very sorry for the late response, but for future reference:

          Translations/transcreations: 25 cents per word, $100 minimum.
          One to two page (approx. 500 word) translations are completed within 24 hours

          Spanish-language copy editing/reviews: $100-$150 per hour; we can also work-out a per word fee ranging from 15 to 20 cents, and a minimum of $100
          One to two page (approx. 500 word) Spanish copy editing/reviews are completed within 48 hours

          Spanish-language copy writing: We quote each job on a case-by-case basis
          Turn-around time varies according to the complexity of each job

          All of our translators of certified, industry-specific and US-based. As an added incentive, we create a Spanish-translation guide that keeps a current list of word usage for consistency in future translations for ongoing clients. In addition, all of our work is reviewed three times prior to submitting to the client.

          We welcome the opportunity to quote future projects or answer any questions you may have.

          Warmly,

          email: <mailto: pam@... > ned@...