Re: [prbytes] (X-post) Sharing: 2010 Hispanic Social Media Report

  • Aboriginals%3A%20Art%20of%20the%20First%2
    Message 1 of 11 , May 29, 2010
      My plastic surgeon clinet is signing up with a Spanish language web directory to attract Hispanic patients. He is very good and has worked with skin types more prominent with Hispanics than with non-Hispanics.

      He also has Spanish-speakers in his office, although he does not speak Spanish.

      I thought it would be advisable to have his site translated into Spanish. (He has Google translation, but I doubt that is very accurate.)

      The problem is the cost of translating the entire site. The anticipated income does not justify the expense, which is considerable.

      Here is my question.

      How would the Spanish experts here feel about translating one or two landing pages, with directions to call a certain phone number or ask for a certain party who can conduct a telephone interview in Spanish? Make sense? Or is it a waste of too little money?

      William Waites
      Eyewriter
      From: "Ned Barnett" < ned@... >
      Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 07:21:48
      To: < prbytes@yahoogroups.com >
      Cc: < PRMindshare@yahoogroups.com >; < prquorum@yahoogroups.com >; < SmallShopNetwork@yahoogroups.com >

      Ana

      I have finally gotten around to reading this (I’ve been VERY busy, but I saved it to look at when I had some time) and I’ve been blown away by the utility and insight this represents. With the Hispanic market in the US now larger than the entire Canadian market, this is not a market to be ignored lightly. So I’ve shared it widely to my business associates and colleagues (with appropriate recognition to you for sharing it), and I encourage others on this list to do the same.

      This is big news and very useful.

      Thanks, Ana

      Fellow, American Hospital Association - Marketing & PR

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3-276

      Las Vegas NV 89110

      702-696-1200 - office

      702-561-1167 - cell/text

      www.barnettmarcom.com

      Message 2 of 11 , May 29, 2010
        William

        I don’t see why translating it would (or should) be all that expensive. If you need a bid, let me know. We’ve got an Italian-born linguistics expert on our staff who’s a fluent translator in four languages, including Spanish.

        I am sure we could translate the site within a reasonable budget. If you want to send me a link, I’ll put together a bid for the translation.

        Beyond that, if you can only afford a couple of pages, that’s two pages better than nothing. Not optimum, but workable.

        Ned

        Ned Barnett

        Executive V.P. of Marketing
        Brand, LTD
        8379 W Sunset Rd #215

        Las Vegas, NV 89113

        (702) 696-1200

        Fax (702) 257-2501

        email: <mailto:pam@...> ned@...

        <http://www.brandltd.com/> www.brandltd.com

        strategic, creative integrated marketing solutions

        cid:3338267929_19574468

        Please consider the environment before printing this email. P

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , May 30, 2010
          http://www.beauty-by-brueck.com

          The last bidder wanted $4k+

            email: <mailto: pam@... <mailto:pam%40brandltd.com> > ned@... <mailto:ned%40brandltd.com>

              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 10, 2010
                William,

                I'm very sorry for the late response, but for future reference:

                Translations/transcreations: 25 cents per word, $100 minimum.
                One to two page (approx. 500 word) translations are completed within 24 hours

                Spanish-language copy editing/reviews: $100-$150 per hour; we can also work-out a per word fee ranging from 15 to 20 cents, and a minimum of $100
                One to two page (approx. 500 word) Spanish copy editing/reviews are completed within 48 hours

                Spanish-language copy writing: We quote each job on a case-by-case basis
                Turn-around time varies according to the complexity of each job

                All of our translators of certified, industry-specific and US-based. As an added incentive, we create a Spanish-translation guide that keeps a current list of word usage for consistency in future translations for ongoing clients. In addition, all of our work is reviewed three times prior to submitting to the client.

                We welcome the opportunity to quote future projects or answer any questions you may have.

                Warmly,