Re: [prbytes] (X-post) Sharing: 2010 Hispanic Social Media Report

  • analydiaochoa@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 28 5:13 PM
      Thank you for the kudos Ned!

      From: "Ned Barnett" <ned@...>
      Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 07:21:48
      To: <prbytes@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: <PRMindshare@yahoogroups.com>; <prquorum@yahoogroups.com>; <SmallShopNetwork@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [prbytes] (X-post) Sharing: 2010 Hispanic Social Media Report

      Ana

      I have finally gotten around to reading this (I’ve been VERY busy, but I saved it to look at when I had some time) and I’ve been blown away by the utility and insight this represents. With the Hispanic market in the US now larger than the entire Canadian market, this is not a market to be ignored lightly. So I’ve shared it widely to my business associates and colleagues (with appropriate recognition to you for sharing it), and I encourage others on this list to do the same.

      This is big news and very useful.

      Thanks, Ana

      Fellow, American Hospital Association - Marketing & PR

      Barnett Marketing Communications

      420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3-276

      Las Vegas NV 89110

      702-696-1200 - office

      702-561-1167 - cell/text

      www.barnettmarcom.com

      Message 2 of 11 , May 29 10:25 AM
        My plastic surgeon clinet is signing up with a Spanish language web directory to attract Hispanic patients. He is very good and has worked with skin types more prominent with Hispanics than with non-Hispanics.

        He also has Spanish-speakers in his office, although he does not speak Spanish.

        I thought it would be advisable to have his site translated into Spanish. (He has Google translation, but I doubt that is very accurate.)

        The problem is the cost of translating the entire site. The anticipated income does not justify the expense, which is considerable.

        Here is my question.

        How would the Spanish experts here feel about translating one or two landing pages, with directions to call a certain phone number or ask for a certain party who can conduct a telephone interview in Spanish? Make sense? Or is it a waste of too little money?

        William Waites
        Eyewriter

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 11 , May 29 5:07 PM
          William

          I don’t see why translating it would (or should) be all that expensive. If you need a bid, let me know. We’ve got an Italian-born linguistics expert on our staff who’s a fluent translator in four languages, including Spanish.

          I am sure we could translate the site within a reasonable budget. If you want to send me a link, I’ll put together a bid for the translation.

          Beyond that, if you can only afford a couple of pages, that’s two pages better than nothing. Not optimum, but workable.

          Ned

          Ned Barnett

          Executive V.P. of Marketing
          Brand, LTD
          8379 W Sunset Rd #215

          Las Vegas, NV 89113

          (702) 696-1200

          Fax (702) 257-2501

          email: <mailto:pam@...> ned@...

          <http://www.brandltd.com/> www.brandltd.com

          strategic, creative integrated marketing solutions

          cid:3338267929_19574468

          Please consider the environment before printing this email. P

          Message 4 of 11 , May 30 6:39 AM
            http://www.beauty-by-brueck.com

            The last bidder wanted $4k+

              email: <mailto: pam@... <mailto:pam%40brandltd.com> > ned@... <mailto:ned%40brandltd.com>

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 10, 2010
                  William,

                  I'm very sorry for the late response, but for future reference:

                  Translations/transcreations: 25 cents per word, $100 minimum.
                  One to two page (approx. 500 word) translations are completed within 24 hours

                  Spanish-language copy editing/reviews: $100-$150 per hour; we can also work-out a per word fee ranging from 15 to 20 cents, and a minimum of $100
                  One to two page (approx. 500 word) Spanish copy editing/reviews are completed within 48 hours

                  Spanish-language copy writing: We quote each job on a case-by-case basis
                  Turn-around time varies according to the complexity of each job

                  All of our translators of certified, industry-specific and US-based. As an added incentive, we create a Spanish-translation guide that keeps a current list of word usage for consistency in future translations for ongoing clients. In addition, all of our work is reviewed three times prior to submitting to the client.

                  We welcome the opportunity to quote future projects or answer any questions you may have.

                  Warmly,