(X-post) Sharing: 2010 Hispanic Social Media Report

  • analydiaochoa@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 22, 2010
      It just hit me: *I* was a "source" and quoted in the 2010 Social Media Report alongside @briansolis and other industry thought leaders!!

      All personal raving aside, this report is the most thorough I have read.

      It presents sm's (current and future) *use* across various industries (PR, Advertising, etc.) to reach Hispanic consumers.

      Read more here: http://bit.ly/ahP0ep or here: hispanicad.com

      Thank you for reading - and sharing :)

      Ana Lydia Ochoa
      padma media and marketing, Inc.
    • Norah Salazar
      Message 2 of 11 , May 22, 2010
        Thank you for sharing and HUGE congratulations !!!

        Message 3 of 11 , May 27, 2010
          Thank you :)
          --
          Ana Lydia Ochoa
          padma media & marketing, Inc.

          Twitter.com/LatinaPRpro
          LinkedIn.com/AnaLydiaOchoa
          Facebook.com/pages/Los-Angeles-CA/padma-media-marketing/8757051745

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 11 , May 28, 2010
            Ana

            I have finally gotten around to reading this (I’ve been VERY busy, but I saved it to look at when I had some time) and I’ve been blown away by the utility and insight this represents. With the Hispanic market in the US now larger than the entire Canadian market, this is not a market to be ignored lightly. So I’ve shared it widely to my business associates and colleagues (with appropriate recognition to you for sharing it), and I encourage others on this list to do the same.

            This is big news and very useful.

            Thanks, Ana

            Fellow, American Hospital Association - Marketing & PR

            Barnett Marketing Communications

            420 N. Nellis Blvd., A3-276

            Las Vegas NV 89110

            702-696-1200 - office

            702-561-1167 - cell/text

            www.barnettmarcom.com

            Message 5 of 11 , May 28, 2010
              Thank you for the kudos Ned!

              Facebook.com/pages/Los-Angeles-CA/padma-media-marketing/8757051745

              ________________________________
              Thank you for sharing and HUGE congratulations !!!

              All personal raving aside, this report is the most thorough I have read.

              It presents sm's (current and future) *use* across various industries (PR, Advertising, etc.) to reach Hispanic consumers.

              Read more here: http://bit.ly/ahP0ep or here: hispanicad.com

              Thank you for reading - and sharing :)

              Ana Lydia Ochoa
              padma media and marketing, Inc.

            • Aboriginals%3A%20Art%20of%20the%20First%2
              Message 6 of 11 , May 29, 2010
                My plastic surgeon clinet is signing up with a Spanish language web directory to attract Hispanic patients. He is very good and has worked with skin types more prominent with Hispanics than with non-Hispanics.

                He also has Spanish-speakers in his office, although he does not speak Spanish.

                I thought it would be advisable to have his site translated into Spanish. (He has Google translation, but I doubt that is very accurate.)

                The problem is the cost of translating the entire site. The anticipated income does not justify the expense, which is considerable.

                Here is my question.

                How would the Spanish experts here feel about translating one or two landing pages, with directions to call a certain phone number or ask for a certain party who can conduct a telephone interview in Spanish? Make sense? Or is it a waste of too little money?

                William Waites
                Eyewriter

                Message 7 of 11 , May 29, 2010
                  William

                  I don’t see why translating it would (or should) be all that expensive. If you need a bid, let me know. We’ve got an Italian-born linguistics expert on our staff who’s a fluent translator in four languages, including Spanish.

                  I am sure we could translate the site within a reasonable budget. If you want to send me a link, I’ll put together a bid for the translation.

                  Beyond that, if you can only afford a couple of pages, that’s two pages better than nothing. Not optimum, but workable.

                  Ned

                  Ned Barnett

                  Executive V.P. of Marketing
                  Brand, LTD
                  8379 W Sunset Rd #215

                  Las Vegas, NV 89113

                  (702) 696-1200

                  Fax (702) 257-2501

                  email: <mailto:pam@...> ned@...

                  <http://www.brandltd.com/> www.brandltd.com

                  strategic, creative integrated marketing solutions

                  cid:3338267929_19574468

                  Please consider the environment before printing this email. P

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 30, 2010
                    http://www.beauty-by-brueck.com

                    The last bidder wanted $4k+

                      email: <mailto: pam@... <mailto:pam%40brandltd.com> > ned@... <mailto:ned%40brandltd.com>

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 10, 2010
                          William,

                          I'm very sorry for the late response, but for future reference:

                          Translations/transcreations: 25 cents per word, $100 minimum.
                          One to two page (approx. 500 word) translations are completed within 24 hours

                          Spanish-language copy editing/reviews: $100-$150 per hour; we can also work-out a per word fee ranging from 15 to 20 cents, and a minimum of $100
                          One to two page (approx. 500 word) Spanish copy editing/reviews are completed within 48 hours

                          Spanish-language copy writing: We quote each job on a case-by-case basis
                          Turn-around time varies according to the complexity of each job

                          All of our translators of certified, industry-specific and US-based. As an added incentive, we create a Spanish-translation guide that keeps a current list of word usage for consistency in future translations for ongoing clients. In addition, all of our work is reviewed three times prior to submitting to the client.

                          We welcome the opportunity to quote future projects or answer any questions you may have.

                          Warmly,