Hit rate on click-throughs? What's a good rate.

    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2010
      A friend and proto-client asked me this:

      Question, in my marketing talk tomorrow. What is a good hit rate or (words
      best) for aesthetic practice? Pay per click? Your thoughts?

      Any thoughts?

      Ned Barnett

      Executive V.P. of Marketing
      Brand, LTD
      8379 W Sunset Rd #215

      Las Vegas, NV 89113

      (702) 696-1200

      Fax (702) 257-2501

      email: <mailto:pam@...> ned@...

      <http://www.brandltd.com/> www.brandltd.com

      strategic, creative integrated marketing solutions

      cid:3338267929_19574468

      Please consider the environment before printing this email. P

    • Aboriginals%3A%20Art%20of%20the%20First%2
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2010
        Ned:

        It's a wide open question that depends on several things, including the local area for the practice, which I assume is a plastic surgeon.

        Most plastic surgeons concentrate on a single geo area, assuming there is a limit to how far a patient willtravel for an elective procedure.

        I work for a Board Certified plastic surgeon in Southwest Florida. We look at six metrics all of which are available via Google Analytics.

        They are visitors, time on site, number of pages visited, new visitors and bounce rate (what % of visitors leave without getting past the first page. As you drill down into the metrics there is more to learn and evaluate. Hits is meaningless because every graphic element on a site is a "hit" when it loads. So a page with 10 graphics reads at 10 hits while the same page with only one graphic reads as one hit.

        The most important metrics, from my point of view, are visits/visitors and bounce rate. The former tells you how many people came to your site. The later tells you if they were interested enough to get past the page the entered the site at.

        But all this is dependent on the size and character of the market the doctor practices in.

        Pay per click becomes important mostly with a new site or one that loses its organic ranking for some reason. It is the way to assure that your link will come up for the keywords you want to be searched for. Some people believe PPC for certain keyword phrases can help the site get clicks because the PPC listing reinforces hte organic listing and vice versa.

        Hope this helps. If you need more, fire back with specific questions. I will try to answer.

        Bill Waites

          email: <mailto: pam@... <mailto:pam%40brandltd.com> > ned@... <mailto:ned%40brandltd.com>

          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2010
            Your welcome.

            Avoid using the term, "hits". It's the sign of inexperience with web site traffic.