Re: [prbytes] XP - a powerful ad campaign

  • Rob Frankel
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 29, 2010
      At 8:06 PM +0000 4/29/10,
      Aboriginals%3A%20Art%20of%20the%20First%20Person wrote thusly:
      >Of course, they buy on price.
      >
      >What if multiple companies have the same price?
      >
      >Then what do they buy on?
      >
      >Bill Waites

      If they've hired me, brand strategy.

      (Ducking, running)

      --
      Rob Frankel

      Branding Expert http://www.RobFrankel.com
      Twitter: @brandingexpert
      AIM/Skype/MSN: ROBFRANKEL ICQ: 249862730
      YAHOO IM: ROBFRANKELDOTCOM
      1-888-ROBFRANKEL * 818-990-8623 * E-Fax 413-778-0909
      Yes, there's an RSS feed blog, if you can handle it:
      http://www.robfrankelblog.com
    • Aboriginals%3A%20Art%20of%20the%20First%2
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 30, 2010
        Point well made.

        Aboriginals%3A%20Art%20of%20the%20First%20Person wrote thusly:
        >Of course, they buy on price.
        >
        >What if multiple companies have the same price?
        >
        >Then what do they buy on?
        >
        >Bill Waites

        If they've hired me, brand strategy.

        (Ducking, running)

        --
        Rob Frankel

        Branding Expert http://www.RobFrankel.com
        Twitter: @brandingexpert
        AIM/Skype/MSN: ROBFRANKEL ICQ: 249862730
        YAHOO IM: ROBFRANKELDOTCOM
        1-888-ROBFRANKEL * 818-990-8623 * E-Fax 413-778-0909
        Yes, there's an RSS feed blog, if you can handle it:
        http://www.robfrankelblog.com

      • Stephen Rafe
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 30, 2010
          To name a few:

          Service. Experience. Proven Results. Reputation. Third-party endorsements.

          Stephen
          STEPHEN RAFE
          www.rapportcommunications.net
          -----

          >What if multiple companies have the same price?
          >
          >Then what do they buy on?

        • Marc Snyder
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 30, 2010
            On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 13:37, Stephen Rafe <rapport1@...> wrote:

            > Service. Experience. Proven Results. Reputation. Third-party endorsements.

            Ease of vehicle pick-up and drop-off. Loyalty program. Location of closest
            franchise. Etc.

            Marc Snyder
            Directeur, Médias sociaux
            Octane Stratégies

            T: 514 286-6033 #226
            C: 514 244-5228
            E: msnyder@...
            <http://octanestrategies.com> <http://octanestrategies.com>
            http://octanestrategies.com
            http://emm-ess.com <http://emm-ess.com>
            Vous pouvez aussi me trouver ici: Linkedin<http://ca.linkedin.com/in/msnyder>
            Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/snyder.marc?v=info>Twitter<http://twitter.com/MarcSnyder>

          • hotcopywriter
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2010
              I'm not sure if brand strategies are non-existent. When I think of
              branding, I think of their positioning. Enterprise is more convenient at
              home/in emergencies, etc. (they pick you up); Hertz has more choice and
              easier pickup at the airport; Budget is the least expensive; Avis...
              tries harder.
              >>Rob wrote: Despite feelgood commercials like this, rental car
              companies have no
              brand strategies, so with the possible exception of loyalty program
              incentives, the vast majority of customers likely buy on price alone.