Community of Practice

  • Deon Binneman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2010
      Is Ning the best for setting up a Community of Practice?

      A Group of delegates from my last Stakeholder Reputation seminar have
      requested me to set up a COP. Should I use Ning or just a yahoogroup?

      Thanks,

      Deon Binneman

      Speaker, Thought Leader, Seminar Leader & Management Consultant in
      Reputation Management

      M: 083-425-4318 / E: <mailto:deonbin@...> deonbin@... / W:
      <http://www.deonbinneman.wordpress.com/> www.deonbinneman.wordpress.com /
      Twitter: deonbinneman / Google Buzz & Profile:
      http://www.google.com/profiles/deon.binneman

      me of any other email addresses that default to your mailbox.

    • Sam Waltz
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2010
        www.Kiva360.com is a great resource, per Deon's question. It's smaller than
        Ning. Instead of the nickel-and-diming, and hundreds & thousands of dollars
        that Ning ultimately charges via its al a carte menu, www.Kiva360.com
        charges its admission up front. It's pretty full-featured, and it is
        discounted for non-profits. Reach out to Kevin McCann
        KevinM@... who has developed Kiva360.com from Intellectual
        Property developed at $4 million cost in the Philadelphia Science Center.

        Kiva360.com is a Social Media / Private Network. Unlike Facebook.com where
        your profile is "Universal," in the sense that it's there for everyone you
        connect to like family, friends, co-workers, clients, old drinking buddies,
        school classmates, neighbors, focused Affinity Groups is the principal
        market Kiva360.com serves. (Name Kiva is based on Anasazi Indian culture.
        Anasazi and the early Pueblo peoples inhabited the Mesa Verde area where
        Cliff Dwelling abound. Their sacred, or ceremonial, ritual or community
        room in the Cliff Dwellings was called a Kiva. And 360, as in a circle or
        network, of course is obvious.)

        For a local Financial Services client, we're now developing a program using
        Kiva360.com to create a community of people of wealth who want to
        participate in discussions (e.g., non-US equities, currencies, market
        trends), follow RSS feeds, converge to IRL (In Real Life) gatherings, write
        & read Blogs, etc, etc, all using the www.Kiva360.com profile as the
        building block for Horizontal (e.g., Geography) and Vertical (e.g.,
        Interest) groups. After the initial setup investment, over time, we can
        organize and support this network for about $2/profile/year.

        Sam

        =======================================

        Samuel L. Waltz Jr., Counselor to LeadersT

        Sam Waltz & Associates LLC Counsel

        302 . 777 . 4774 office

        302 . 777 . 7774 mobile

        <mailto:SamWaltz@...> SamWaltz@...

        <http://www.SamWaltz.com> www.SamWaltz.com <http://www.RLSassociates.com>
        www.RLSassociates.com

        <http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/SamWaltz> http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/SamWaltz

        http://www.Facebook.com/

        cid:image001.jpg@01C94A39.299B88A0

        Helping Leaders & Organizations Navigate

        Difficult Events, Trends, Times, People & Issues

        to Achieve Their Goals!

        HQs / Office / Meeting Address:

        1521 Concord Pike, Suite 301, Brandywine West Bldg

        (1st Bldg on R @ US Route 202 @ Foulk Road / DE 261)

        Wilmington, DE 19803.3642

        Postal Mailing Address:

        110 Ponds Lane, Ponds at Greenville

        Wilmington, DE 19807.2129

        =======================================

        Is Ning the best for setting up a Community of Practice?

        A Group of delegates from my last Stakeholder Reputation seminar have
        requested me to set up a COP. Should I use Ning or just a yahoogroup?

        Thanks,

        Deon Binneman

        Speaker, Thought Leader, Seminar Leader & Management Consultant in
        Reputation Management

        M: 083-425-4318 / E: deonbin@... / W: www.deonbinneman.wordpress.com
        <http://www.deonbinneman.wordpress.com/> / Twitter: deonbinneman / Google
        Buzz & Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/deon.binneman

        ensure complete removal, please inform me of any other email addresses that
        default to your mailbox.