Re: [prbytes] Volunteer Leadership

  • Benjamin Horst
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2010
      Hi Stephen,

      Some famous open source projects have formal roles for "community managers," whose job is to encourage volunteers to continue developing the software, create artwork and user interface improvements, and promote the software to the world. Try getting in touch with them, as communicating with you falls into their job descriptions!

      Ubuntu
      Jono Bacon is the community manager. His email address and more info is on this page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JonoBacon

      Firefox
      Off the top of my head I'm not sure if Mozilla has a single core community manager for Firefox, but you might find more info here: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

      OpenOffice.org
      Louis Suarez-Potts is the community manager. His info and email are here: http://www.openoffice.org/lspintro.html

      I hope this is helpful and useful for your project!

      -Ben

      On Jan 24, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Stephen Rafe wrote:

      > Hi Ben --
      >
      > Thanks for responding.
      > I'm not sure how that would work since I am unfamiliar with the ones you mentioned. However, I'll start digging in.
      >
      > With appreciation --
      >
      > Stephen
      > STEPHEN RAFE
      > Graduate School Professor