PR Ideas

  • desmond ekeh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
      Hi Friends and Colleagues,

      Happy New Year. Hope you enjoyed your festive period. Somehow, i just think this year will be much better than 2009.. I am realy very optimistic about this year. I hope you do too.

      Any way I need your ideas in these areas:

      1. I have just being signed on by a foam manufacturing company in Nigeria. The company is really doing well and produces quality foam products. Meanwhile, the use of PR is not one of their familiar areas. They expect us to help them maintain the brand name and keep them visible in the market place. They have asked us to give them a six month plan for Jan - June 2010. They want us to be free in suggesting media/pr activities/plans. We have some ideas, but we will appreciate if we can get some really creative but cost effective marketing communication ideas for this company. Let us put their target audience/market at AB - BC social-economic class, comprising of students, young professionals and working class males and females, aged between 25 and 45.

      2. Nigeria, presently, is faced with some challenges in politics and governance. This year is expected to be occupied by political activities in view of elections next year. A new political party has requested us to put together a PR plan to help the party win registration by the electoral body and of course create publicity and awareness for the party and its programmes. This party targets people at the grassroot. Not an elite party at all, but may interest some elite class members as time goes on. The party, though said to be open for all, eventually will target to mobilise young people and create an opening for equal participation. They are looking at young professionals, civil society groups, academics, community groups etc. Please, we will appreciate to get inputs for our proposal. We are billed to present latest monday next week.

      Thank you so much as we anticipate your very early response.

      Desmond Ekeh (ceo)
      for: SYNTHESIS COMMUNICATIONS

    • Amy Green
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
        Desmond,

        1.  Not specific enough about the foam product and the target markets.  Is that B2B?

        2.  Is your population majority urban/suburban or rural?  That will affect the answer, but I'd definitely go with mass transit, laundromats and even bus stop signage for inexpensive promotions for those areas which are urban/suburban.  The idea is to give people a message they can discuss while they're not doing anything and they may sit around and discuss it.  This has been researched here in America, and it's a wonderful grass-roots, inexpensive method of promotion.  I've had trouble locating the study I'm citing, but it was very impressive.  I'm also wondering how many people are on the Internet - social media.  I love what the mayor of Newark, New Jersey is doing on Facebook and Twitter.  His name is Cory Booker -
        Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#/corybooker?ref=mf
        Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/corybooker

        Happy New Year, everyone!

        Amy Green

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2010
          Thanks Amy. Truly very helpful.

          1. The foam is B2C but comes in varieties in terms of targets really. They have products with different makes and brand names for almost all classes of consumers.
          2. For the political party, I think your idea is right on target. We are looking at urban/sub-urban and a sprinkle of rural/community outreach.
          Once again, thanks.
          Desmond